Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Necrophagist

• 31-03-2005 11:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone heard Necrophagist before?
    Not to be confused with Necrophagia mind you.

Just got introduced to them myself, and what can I say, I was blown away! :D
    I have to get an album of theirs sharply.

Check out the downloads page on their website and nab the song Stabwound.
    Awesome stuff!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

JUst gave it a listen ands its pretty good has to be said. i give it 2 thumbs up

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Yeah, heard them before. They're ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭toffo

yeah..... not bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

I think they were supposed to play here with Nile and Dying Fetus just 2-3 weeks ago, but had to pull out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭h-street23

Admortem are better,they used to share a label with N. but never made it.

Ad Extremum Supplicium: class death metal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

That means - eater of dead.. things doesn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Yes i have recently gotten in Necrophagist and i must say , they are the best example of tech/death i have ever heard..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Listened to stabwound a few times, its great. Album is on my to buy list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

My mate tried to get me into them a while back. Hmm, well I wasn't feeling them. But apparently (a.k.a according to my mate) they sound a lot like a local dublin band called Dorian Gray. Maybe you should check 'em out.

Haha, "Stabwound" gets my thumbs up just for teh title.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Wow this thread is old! :)

Will be seeing these guys in the Voodoo on the 20th hopefully!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭moshmonkey666

great band, some fantastic bass work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Pretty old thread indeed.

Got into them a good while back, excellent stuff, Onset to Putrification is definately the stronger of the 2 albums, but epitaph has its moments too (It doesnt have anything to touch the likes of Fermented Offal Discharge though). Managed to learn Fermented Offal Discharge on the bass, damn hard stuff, some very very tricky riffs, and more to remember than I'd like, but quite refreshing to play, great workout for yee old fingers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭neGev

Muhammed's a seriously skilled guy judging by his guitar and bass work, but I just find them a bit soulless. Using a drum machine on Onset didn't help with that either. Good for the odd listen though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Pugsley wrote:
    Pretty old thread indeed.

Got into them a good while back, excellent stuff, Onset to Putrification is definately the stronger of the 2 albums, but epitaph has its moments too (It doesnt have anything to touch the likes of Fermented Offal Discharge though). Managed to learn Fermented Offal Discharge on the bass, damn hard stuff, some very very tricky riffs, and more to remember than I'd like, but quite refreshing to play, great workout for yee old fingers :)

I looked at the guitar tabs and just stepped back from the computer and put my guitar down and left the room...crying :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

Took me a good few listens to really get into but I have to say Onset of Putrefaction is probably one of my favourite metal albums ever. It's just perfection from start to finish. I had my doubts about it when I heard a drum machine was used and it was pretty much a one man band at the time, but it really is fantastic! And the solos...woooo woooooooo!

Epitaph on the other hand isn't quite as inspiring. Good but not great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Playing the voodoo lounge soon enough.Should be a gig to check out.

Yea my friends' band Warpath are one of the support acts. I'd say it'll be a mental gig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

JoeyD wrote:
    Yea my friends' band Warpath are one of the support acts. I'd say it'll be a mental gig

Yea its on Oct. 20 in the Voodoo Lounge.. Warpath are so good...my guitarist plays with them..cant wait for that gig....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Darren and Dan from Warpath are dead sound blokes Ive to say.

Aha, i went to school with Darren. Small world.

Had a look at the necrophagist site there-
    The band had to cancel 2 UK tours in the past without it being their fault. However, the only reason Necrophagist would pull out of this one is a plane crash.

Woooooo

• Advertisement
Advertisement