Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scalloped fingerboard

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

no im not big headed but when someone says like looks like he isnt good by talking about it like how do yas know?? it pisses me off!! and like this might prove it!!

i went for an interview in dit yday and me as stupid as i am didnt know thatit was just classical based so i went in and played 2 of my own peices and no it wasnt all just shredding it was music and then after it they told me it was classical but then they said that i was so talented that they are going to give me a place in the course anyway but i have to get to the standard as a classical plyer but i only need 2 more grades as i did 6 years of classical so there ya go!!!!!!

fair play to ya bud and best of luck with your course...

all we are sayin is you are goin on like u are the best guitarist that ever hit this board and u know nothing of anyone elses playing... that makes u sound like your talking out your arse

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

no im not imjust proving you wrong!!!! sorry if ya dont like it but meh not my fault if you cant play!!

You're proving what wrong though? I never said you couldn't play!

No, I can't play. I've never said I could.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Yeah! This place isn't for people who can play! It's for guitar nerds! :rolleyes: :p

i like to call us guitar enthusiasts :D... ah no its for people to share opinions and knowledge...

The Guitar Pimps. Gotta start a band called that :p

Aye, sharing knowledge. There's lots of people round these parts lacking in it :rolleyes:

the guitar pimps diggin' that.. pimp my guitar would be a cool show... instead of 22" lo pros we'd get EMG's ...class... yeah to much noise not enough talk comin outta some people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Heh, someone brings in their battered old Squier and we fire about a grand's worth of upgrades in the yoke! :p

Turn it into a Jem? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 poisonwasthecur

i am noway the best player!!!!! loads and loads of people are better then me like even yas could be ya know im just saying that i hate when people say like that ya must be **** by the looks of what your talking about!! like i agree that i dont know loads about guitar but i know enough labout it ya know.and im sorry if i offended yas about the whole scalloped ****

i hate when people say like that ya must be **** by the looks of what your talking about!!

No one said that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,989 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Scalloped frets do not help you play faster, they only serve to enhance grip. Mr Malmsteen gets his "Violin" vibrato using scalloped frets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

This has to be the most circular thread ever. But still,poisonwasthecur - the mere fact that you KEEP trying to back yourself up with idiotic comments is amusing. Say, I'd love to talk to those guitar gurus you mentioned, any names, etc? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

im just going to laugh at ya really!!!! you dont have a clue how good i am!!!!

Im waaaaaaaay better than you, I can play so much faster on my scalloped frets, Its amazing!

and i done the frets myself, i didnt spend anything on the guitar :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Wow, how much did it cost? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

You know what?
    F*ck it.

I'm just gonna scallop the hell out of my guitar, that way i dont have bother with practice anymore. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I'm actually going to scallop one guitar and put the wood I scallop onto the fretboard of another guitar. One will be my shredding axe for when Zakk calls for a jam, the other will be my blues guitar, cos I'm not a pussy and I can deal with hard times and overcome them... all to help those poor kids in the orphanage :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

lol the guitar was jus under 100£ when i got it ages ago i tihnk it was a present, + i only bothered to do somethin with it a while later, so technically it was all done for nothin... :cool:

Sounds good!

I'm also going to carve a series of "X"s into the back of my guitar neck with a screwdriver, just to help me get a better grip when i'm bending the hell out of a string.

Pah, look at this new scalloping fad. I'm way ahead of ya all!

Well, I'm gonna remove the frets and use the scallops as the frets!

• Advertisement

Fretless and scalloped, holy sh1t.

You are the fastest, i bow to you. :D

7's eh? Pfft, I use sowing thread! That's how fast I am :D

did yas not hear my apology about the whole scalloped thing??**** sake!!! and that dude that said he was way better then me how does he know this
    ??

We did - no need to apologize coz no one was offended (this is the internet after all).

We're just talking bull, no harm ;)

....and back on "topic"....
    feylya wrote:
    7's eh? Pfft, I use sowing thread! That's how fast I am :D

Yeah, but is it organic? If it isn't, you're cheating!

ah well id say most of yas are better then me but meh what can i do?! like scalloped frets right like they dont make ya quicker but they help ya become quicker

• Advertisement

Well, one thing's for sure - we'd all be a lot quicker if we didnt spend that much time on the god damn internet :)

haha ye supose your right but quickness isnt everything.

That's true.

So, Original Poster, does that answer your question? :)

are you talking to me???

No, to the guy who started the thread.....coz this might go on for another 20 pages with no conclusion in sight :D

• Advertisement

ah all right i think we should continue the argument like people where beeing amused by me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭ogy

this is the funniest thread ive read in a long time

that is all

Advertisement