Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FM 2005 - Training Schedules

• 01-04-2005 12:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭

Are there better schedules than the default ones? Any rules of thumb with number of Coaches & Physios per schedule or which activities when creating your own for Goalkeepers, Pre-Season and First Team.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

go to the SI Games website www.sigames.com

go to the forums and there is a tatics and training tipps forum

there is a sticky with Download centre as the title.

in it you will find a post someone named Cleon.

He will link you to a training system called CH_training system

download it.

That is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Im not bothered in signing up for that forum, hotmail accounts are banned. It seems like too much trouble. I'll do without it. Thanks for you response anywho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

can anybody actually get the user_defined training to stay?

I created some unique setups but once i hit continue [yes, i clicked confirm], and go back to training, all my players have gone back to the default setups.

untick Assistant Responsible for Training in <Team> Options

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Yeah that kept happening to me for a while..

annoying bug really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Serbian

I've attached the CH Training Schedules for your Football Managing pleasure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime. Uhh, or something.

Is there any point in asking for discussion on how and why different training theories are good or bad? As opposed to just saying "use this and don't ask any questions!"

With utmost respect to those who have pointed to or linked to the training file, of course :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Aye, i have some questions...

Does having too many coaches per setup have a detrimental effect? And if so, how many is too much? Does it, perhaps, depend on how many players are in that training setup?

Similarly, can there be a detrimental effect if a coach is involved in too many training setups?

Does the physiotherapy stat ( i.e. the physio's) have any significant input into training?

Thankyou :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime. Uhh, or something.
    Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life?

AFAIK, you can have as many coaches as you want, and even give each player his own individual training routine and coach (if you really could be bothered). There is a program on the SI website (or maybe on thedugout) that shows you the effect of your training regimes.

Generally it comes down to common sense. You can set your regimes up for groups of players. What i normally do is set them up for goalkeepers, full backs, central defenders, defensive midfielders, attacking midfielders, wingers, strikers. Most of the groups share training routines, but are focused on different areas to emphasize the skills i want from them.

Off the top of my head (in work atm) the training is monday to friday, and half day on sat and sun. I dont know if has any effect, but i have the defensive players doing the defensive training at the same times that the offensive players are doing offensive training. It makes sense to me that the training types would complement each other (eg set pieces attacking and set pieces defending at the same time, etc). I have one training match and a couple of 5 a sides per week, some shadow play, and then a good selection of other training. I might post it up when i get home later.

Anyway, what i was trying to say, is you have to get a clear idea of what you want your players to focus on. Its always good to practice set pieces, attacking and defending as units and all that. Once you know what you want, its all about getting a coherent routine. As i said, im not sure if running routines in a certain sequence (or with other groups at the same time) has any effect, but i like to think it does. It makes sense and i presume it would have made sense to SI when the game was being developed. Maybe the Vaggabond can shed some light.

After that, its just a matter of tweaking until you get a regime that increases your players stats without losing out too much on others. One way to do it is to run a regime for a couple of weeks (they dont really take effect until after 3-4 weeks IIRC) and check 'effect of training' on the players profile. That way you can see whats going up and down. What some of the guys who make these routines do (or they used to at least) was to open up the file that holds the training values and check what does what. They then make routines that hold the highest training values. If you search for it, im pretty sure you can find something like that where all the values are laid out for you.

my 2c.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

where do you extract the training file to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2005\data\training

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

cheers mate.

Advertisement