Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oh my god ! IrelandOffline has been shut down !!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭diarmo

We started off to get proper internet and broadband for all and as we can see today, that's what we have.

Hahaha
    http://www.irelandoffline.org/home/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

From what I heard it was just unfortunate timing, just like the Pope's death today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭diarmo

Dont take the piss on the Popes death as hes knoching on deaths door as we speak!!!
    http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/03/31/pope1/index.html

Im not a religious man but it will be sad if he dies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

diarmo wrote:
    Hahaha
    http://www.irelandoffline.org/home/

Just to clarify, I left the old content in place (mainly so the OECD report could still be referenced by the media), but it will all go with the domain come July, when it expires.

New submissions have been set to auto-moderate (so no new content will appear)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

damien.m wrote:

OMG. Did you hear they're shutting down the interweb for testing later? Something to do with pr0n being found on the interweb! :eek:

I heard Eircom were sick of Bitstream and are gonna switch it off at 23:59. Quick everyone. You've only 1 day of interwebbage left. Leech what you can and then prepare for the looting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

I think we should all celebrate the pitiful demise of Irelandoffline!

Personally I dis-liked there single minded ideas about broadband and also the fact I got banned from there board by saying I thought eircom were alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

I don't know how to take it? as an april fool's joke or a real news? I'm compfused

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

CyberGhost wrote:
    I don't know how to take it? as an april fool's joke or a real news? I'm compfused

I hate the internet on April Fools day :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 mancman

IrelandOffline would like to thank its membership for the years of support they have provided. We couldn't have got to where we are if it wasn't for you. We started off to get proper internet and broadband for all and as we can see today, that's what we have. A competent regulator, healthy competition, a generous incumbent and a Government that understands broadband and wants everyone to have it sooner rather than later.

The hard work is over and we can now begin winding down.

Thanks for the fish.

IrelandOffline.

Quality......can only but laugh :D

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

With Eircom now offering 10mb to the home for just 9.99, IOFFL have done their bit for the consumer. Good job everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 mancman

Tazzle wrote:
    With Eircom now offering 10mb to the home for just 9.99, IOFFL have done their bit for the consumer. Good job everyone.

funniest post I've seen on here yet :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Tazzle wrote:
    hah[1].gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

10mb? I spit on your piffling connection! I've got a gigabit for €15.99 from Vartec. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

This post has been deleted.

its fine every other day tho ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Thanks for the fish.
    :confused:

Does seem strange that they think we are now a country with no bb problems. Must be a joke.

We're we 29/30 in a recent pole on BB? They're having a laugh. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Tazzle wrote:

The april fools jokes are coming out thick and fast. :D

Advertisement