Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who has the cheapest rates for mobiles

Options
  • 01-04-2005 1:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hello all
    I have a nokia phone and for the last few months i have been spending 10 euro every 3 weeks on my phone. I am with vodphone pay as you go. I was wondering with the ads from metor 5 cent a min should i switch over to them and can i do pay as you go. Funny i dont even know the rates for vodaphone.
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭shinobi

tomsie100 wrote:
    Hello all
    I have a nokia phone and for the last few months i have been spending 10 euro every 3 weeks on my phone. I am with vodphone pay as you go. I was wondering with the ads from metor 5 cent a min should i switch over to them and can i do pay as you go. Funny i dont even know the rates for vodaphone.
    thanks in advance

With Vodafone Pay as you go if you spend €20 on topup you get 10% extra free. Meteor are good, but their coverage (Especially when roaming) isn't as good as vodafone or 02.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Bear in mind the Meteor 5c calls thing is only Meteor to Meteor and you have to top up by 20e in one go (at least) every month to avail of it. If you're only spending 10e every three weeks it's not really a good offer for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭cecilwinthorpe

vodafone in my opinion are the best network to be with

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

sure if you lose meteor coverage you get changed over to o2 so coverage isent a problems, i think meteor are by far the cheapest

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

shinobi wrote:
    but their coverage (Especially when roaming) isn't as good as vodafone or 02.

They have coverage in something like 132 countries. O2 offer it in 20 countries to PAYG customers.

If you want to save cash move to Meteor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Yeah but at the moment, (and I'm pretty sure they're working to change this) you have to give an advancement payment of 60e credit before you go roaming with Meteor and also give them your credit card details.
    This is because they don't have 'real time' billing. Ie the credit isn't taken out of your a/c for a few days when you're roaming. If you didn't give your c/card details, you could've spent hundreds of euros before your a/c has registered you've no credit left. If you haven't registered, then they can't get the money from you.
    But as I said, this will hopefully be rectified soon enough.

sure if you lose meteor coverage you get changed over to o2 so coverage isent a problems,

Not the case.
    Meteor roaming on O2 is not countrywide, its only in a few selected parts.

Advertisement