Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wongle? Does it make you feel... less uncomfortable talking about it?

Options
  • 01-04-2005 2:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭

According to http://www.wongle.org, our words for ...self pleasure... are too harsh and result in us not being able to talk about self pleasure... in an open way.

They are trying to introduce the word "wongle" as some sort of friendly way of describing it.

Do you agree with them?

I do. I think people have serious issues talking about this (including me) and I think a massive part is that the words used are either too scientific or too... sleazy.

Agree? Disagree?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Naw, there are plenty of euphemisms for tossing ones self off... I don't think "Wongle" is going to do shít for the situation really.

By the way, I'm not being a prude, but the page in that url links to some pretty saucy stuff... if you must include it - at least warn that it's not "work safe"... that's if the mods don't snipp it first... just a heads-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

Ah shut up ya wongler!

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Tiffany

the girl wongled for the first time in her life.
    And that, children, is how it's done.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

I dont think I say that with a straight face . . . and is it just me or does "Wongle" sound like some sort of kid's show on TV ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

hmmm... maybe they will do a tv ad campaign for this new word along the lines of tango's "watch out you've been tangoed"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Why would you want to talk to other people about **** or wongling or whatever you want to call it anyway?

It's something everyone does, you don't need to announce it to the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

jor el wrote:
    Why would you want to talk to other people about **** or wongling or whatever you want to call it anyway?

It's something everyone does, you don't need to announce it to the world.

Well, people talk about sex reasonably openly, but no one talks about "wongling" because they are ashamed.

I think they think giving it a nice childish word (think: boobies) people will be more open to it.

I assume it's an art project rather than some kind of science experiment.

Advertisement