Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Essential GBA Games

Options
  • 01-04-2005 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭

I never owned a GBA, but I do now have a DS and that big slot underneath is tickling my fancy a little - what are the cream of the crop of GBA games - if you had to pick 5 or so?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Zelda : The Minish Cap is probably the best game I've played on the GBA. It's really good fun.

Mario and Luigi : Superstar Saga is also great, it's a sort of Mario RPG.

The 2 Golden Sun games are excellent RPGs also.

The Advance Wars games are great turn based strategy games.

You probably already have Wario Ware Touched, so I'm sure if it's worth you getting the original Wario Ware Inc.

I'm currently playing Metroid Fusion, which is good fun and was only €14.99 in Game last week.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Fire Emblem is even better than advance wars.

Shining Force is also brilliant. Not as complex but just as much fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

sorry for this pimpage but if you click the link in my sig you'll see I'm selling some of the best games for it.

There all quite fair... like my prices ;)

sorry :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Advance Wars 2 and Golden Sun.

Both of these - especially Advance Wars - Gave me more enjoyment then all my Xbox games put together. Get Advances Wars, no matter what. Its one of the greatest games Ive ever played, and not just talking about handhelds...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Fire Emblem is even better than advance wars.

Shining Force is also brilliant. Not as complex but just as much fun.
    Both seconded, recently got my mitts on Fire Emblem, was shocked though when I done the first part of the game though, must have been about 5hours in, and thinking 'this is awfully early for a snes style RPG to end'............ turns out I had just finished the tutorial 0_o :D I would have minded if the game wasnt so bloody good, as far as gameplay goes its on par with the Shining Force series, which is by far my favourite 2 mega drive games by a long shot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

Advance wars 2 is the best hand held game of all time, but you might wait until Advance wars DS comes out

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Nah get AW2 now and get some practice in for AW DS multiplayer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Fire Emblem
    The Castlevania games (x3)
    Super Mario Advance games (x3)
    Klonoa
    Kuru kuru Kururin
    Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga
    Zelda Minish Cap
    Zelda LTTP
    Metroid Fusion / Zero Mission
    Warioware
    Ninja Five-0
    Metal Slug Advance

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

TmB wrote:
    The Castlevania games (x3)

Now there are 3 games I'd second. Fantastic metroid clones. However they are very hard to find. Konami have exactly 0 copies left.

Another hard to find but excellent game is gradius advance. It's the only horizontal scrolling shoot'em up that I know of on the GBA that is worth buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Another hard to find but excellent game is gradius advance. It's the only horizontal scrolling shoot'em up that I know of on the GBA that is worth buying.
    Is metal slug not on the GBA? they were always good for a quick laugh, limited replayability, but good fun :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

*cough*Metroid*cough*
    Had to. Both Metroid Zero Mission and Metroid Fusion rock.
    You need WarioWare in your life too.
    Also either Zelda game.
    Any of the Mario games
    Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire
    If you like RPGs, Final Fantasy I and II: Dawn of Souls
    Advance Wars 1 or 2 (about 23 euro in GAME for 2 if you can find it)
    Mario and Luigi: SuperStar Saga (funniest RPG EVER!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

Only games I can think of that haven't been mentioned are:

Metal Slug Advance
    and

Astro Boy

Both class old-skool games! (in the good way, not the Gamezville way;))

Ah feck just saw Pugsley's post!

Pugsley wrote:
    Is metal slug not on the GBA? they were always good for a quick laugh, limited replayability, but good fun :)

Haven't played it yet. I was talking about shooters devoid of platforming.

Advertisement