Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Report finds racism rife among gardai

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

MG wrote:
    Away from the Gardai, I know someone from another "Old Europe" EU country who experiences a small amount of what I call latent racism. This takes the form of slightly unfavourable treatment such as impolite treatment.

This very unfortunate. If ever a country needed help with deepening it's gene pool a bit it's surely Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭landser

pork99 wrote:
    This very unfortunate. If ever a country needed help with deepening it's gene pool a bit it's surely Ireland.

did you bother reading the third and fourth paragraphs of MG's post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭MG

MG wrote:
    It's crap but that's life unfortunately.

I should probably add to this that it is still not right or ,in many cases, legal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

landser wrote:
    did you bother reading the third and fourth paragraphs of MG's post?

I did but that doesn't invaldate my point. This is a country with some serious pockets of inbreeding - not necessarily in remote places either :D

pork99 wrote:
    I did but that doesn't invaldate my point. This is a country with some serious pockets of inbreeding - not necessarily in remote places either :D

yeah, your posts have now convinced me of this. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I'm sorry to say that since writing my last post, my friend rang to me tell of one of the most shocking pieces of "latent racism" that I have ever encountered. Sorry I can't give details as there may be legal action ahead. It involves positive treatment of others, rather than overt racism but in the end it is racism. It also involves an institution which should know better.

MG wrote:
    I'm sorry to say that since writing my last post, my friend rang to me tell of one of the most shocking pieces of "latent racism" that I have ever encountered. Sorry I can't give details as there may be legal action ahead. It involves positive treatment of others, rather than overt racism but in the end it is racism. It also involves an institution which should know better.

do you mean positive discrimination? which, by definition is "negative" discrimination against someone. meritocracy, my arse

landser wrote:
    do you mean positive discrimination? which, by definition is "negative" discrimination against someone. meritocracy, my arse

Except postitive discrimination is meant to help minorities not majorities.

Imagine Elvis coming third in an Elvis lookalike competition and the judges justifying their decision by saying that they preferred to give the prize to someone who was a local.

I'm embarrassed to be Irish today.

MG wrote:
    Except postitive discrimination is meant to help minorities not majorities.

Imagine Elvis coming third in an Elvis lookalike competition and the judges justifying their decision by saying that they preferred to give the prize to someone who was a local.

I'm embarrassed to be Irish today.

positive or not, discrimination is discrimination, no matter how you dress it up.
    Anyway, without details of the discrimination, no one can possibly comment on your being embarrassed to be Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭coolhandluke

"postitive discrimination" more pc bull**** who day will hopefully soon be ended.

• Advertisement
Advertisement