Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carrigtwohill has just been ADSL enabled (at last)

• 01-04-2005 11:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭

Hi

Carrigtwohill, Co. Cork has just been ADSL enabled (at last)

This is all with out appearing on any of the roll out lists. It must be the one of the last places with a population over 1500 to get enabled. And just before the end of March when Eircom said the would enable all towns over 1500, they were cutting it fine :) If you live in a town which you think should have gotten broadband by now you should check if it has been enabled with out anyone telling you.

Tweaky you were right the Eircom vans you spotted at the exchange were upgrading the exchange.

While we will miss out on the free broadband offers, it doesn't really matter now we have left the dark ages!!!

Willie

Below are the results from my line checked with netsource :)

Line Check Results

Number Last Test Date Result
    021 4883xxx 31/03/05 Your Line Is Passing For The Following Netsource Services:
    Corporate
    Enterprise
    Origin
    Origin Plus
    Office@Home

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Great news willie - Must try contacting esat to see if they will give us a free trial .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭WillieFlynn

For fun I entered a few other numbers in Carrig into netsources line check page and found that the results were incomplete.

So it seems that my complaint did have an effect, I got an early line test (which passed)

Willie.

Advertisement