Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quite possibly the most surreal story youll ever read

Options
  • 01-04-2005 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭

Ok you all know my battles over the last 2 years with eircom and getting broadband on my line, everything is well documented so no need to go into it all again

I want to take you all on a little journey back in time, flashback if you will to the 16th of march, when Irelandoffline were doing battle with mcredmond on a radio show

After that radio show and with mcredmonds statements about relaxing the pre-qual tests, i decided like the optimist i am to check my line, which i had not done since before christmas, lo and behold it passed, there it was in all its light green goodness PASS, now this has happened just once before in 2003 when it initially passed then went to fail, and it passed again but was put down to a glitch in summer 2004, so naturally i was very sceptical, so closed down the pc and off i went to do other things, came back the next day with abject resignation and put my number in again, there it was again PASS, so intrigued i checked everyone else digiweb netsource, ESAT, all passed

Hmm i thought to myself what will i do now, so i decided to order EIRCOMS home starter, now before you all groan, i decided to do this purely because of the fact if the Broadband did not properly work with there equipment, then i hadnt a hope in hell of getting it to work with any of the rest, so put in the order and waited for the other foot to drop, it didnt, 8 days later all the EIRCOM equipment arrived, plugged it all in and VOILA have been up and running ever since

I must stress I gave up ever having Broadband on the line, and have not contacted eircom in months due to me having Wireless BB with Irishwan, so whatevers happened since id say november 2004 to the 16th of march I have no idea

I just thought this would give some hope to he people out there who are still struggling to get it, my line was on a permanent fail list, i was in that category that so long as i lived at this address i would never have it

I know this is April 1st, but this is not an april fools joke, i can take pictures as proof

Its at this stage that i want to thank a few people, Damien and the rest of the committee, that old rascal muck, Tommy Broughan, Dahamsta (even though I pissed him off many times with my Constant updates on the old boards sites, he allowed all my rantings), Dannger, if i left out anyone im sorry, to many people to list in 2 years worth of contacts, just alll i can say is thank you, without this board i wouldnt have known where to go or who to talk to

Shinzon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

No problem. Maybe it's my ego but I don't think this relaxation of the line test qualifications would have happened if it wasn't for our constant hammering of eircom in the press and the education of anyone that would listen. Does this mean we won't see you around anymore ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

No one deserved that break more than Shin.

Those who help themselves and all that. :)

damien.m wrote:
    Does this mean we won't see you around anymore ?

Nope ill still be here and help in anyway i can, course the funs going to be if i decide to go with another provider after the 2 month trial, could be back here moaning and groaning come may 24th :)

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Well done Shinzon. And well done to IrelandOffline.

The Shinzon case shows that Eircom don't give a damn about individual consumers despite constant complaint over years. In the end, all it took was a relaxation of line test criteria. Something that cost Eircom nothing.

Why did it take so long? Basically, Eircom have never had any real interest in providing broadband despite their hype. After all, the colour of money from broadband, ISDN and dial-up is the same.

It is only when Eircom have to compete or fear that they will have to compete that things begin to slowly change.

Well done to Shinzon for not merely complaining, but voting with his feet. If everyone had the opportunity to do this, we would start seeing major changes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

This is definitely an April fools. Shinzon will never get broadband! Never!

Praetorian wrote:
    This is definitely an April fools. Shinzon will never get broadband! Never!

Rofl

If proof were needed here it is

Shinzon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Fair play Shin. Great news!!

Advertisement