Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you could change course what would course would you choose?

• 01-04-2005 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭

OK if you were given the opportunity to change course what course would you pick? Now there would be absolutely no restrictions regarding CAO points, course requirements or what year you are in. Simply what other course could you see yourself fancying having a go at out of curiosity, status or anything else under the sun.

Well if I had the chance to do a different course I would do...... architecture. When I was a kid I loved drawing, designing buildings or whatnot. Pity I had not got the brains to get whatever the hell points it is but it would have been something I'd have loved to try out.

I would also love to switch to nursing. Nurses......... :D:D:D;););) !!!! *Zane very happy with his thoughts*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

I like arts (well thats a bit of a lie, I hate the actual academic side of it) so I'd probably be doing right what Im doing now...Or maybe law I guess, I dunno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,173 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Law....oh wait :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

F22 raptor pilot? that or a B2...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

i would have gone to art college, why i didnt take it still bamboozles me..other than that i'm rather happy with my course-i'd love to be starting this year tho, get to take advantage of those modules...the only beef i have with my course is that its a b1tch to get to...if ucd was where tcd is it'd be happy days all the way :) but on the whole im happy just maybe would o done art history instead but mhe thats not a big-un.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Hmmm...thats a tough one. If it was back at CAO time I'd definitely pick elec eng again, can't really imagine having done anything else. I suppose if I had to I'd go either with computer science or law. I think they'd both be pretty interesting in different ways :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

nuttin'. i love my course. only three weeks of it left and i wish i could go back and do it all again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Steveire

I'd ditch engineering and run over to Computer Science. Chances are i'll do a computer science masters when i'm done anyway, so it might just be a case of waiting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I would have loved to have done Journalism at DCU. Unfortunately I was something like 70 points out of reach though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Computer Games Technology, but you can't do that in UCD. Same with doing a degree in Japanese. Probably denominated computer science or else electronic engineering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Cecilia

I would have done Arts. I chose my course cause I was told not to waste points, and as I was going to get well over 500 points, to do a course well over 500 points. I often regret this as I would really have liked to study Politics and Economics.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

cecilia u shud be ashamed of ur self for being so stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Cecilia

Ah no, I love my course. It won't be my future career, but I do like it and do well in it. Politics and Economics just interest me a lot that's all, and they would have been very helpful to me should I become a Journalist which is what I want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭elbee

Nothing. I study English and I love it, I'd never switch.

But if I *had* to, I would probably go for Arabic and History. I think I would enjoy them, but nowhere near as much as English.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭pigeonbutler

Doing Commerce and liking it but if I knew then what I know now I might have preferred the course content of double honours economics or economics and politics or history or something. However I prefer the craic in Commerce. For non-Dubliners one makes far more friends in a small class of 50 than in Theatre L, with a different 8 people then for any tutorials.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Doing Commerce and liking it but if I knew then what I know now I might have preferred the course content of double honours economics or economics and politics or history or something. However I prefer the craic in Commerce. For non-Dubliners one makes far more friends in a small class of 50 than in Theatre L, with a different 8 people then for any tutorials.

Yeah I hear the craic is great in Commerce. Class parties and trips is what I've heard. I'm very jealous of Commerce people simply because I have to share my course with 1200 unsociable monkeys. So many people go on about Commerce people being pr*cks. From what I've encounterd there is alot of life in Commerce unlike the cliques that are rampant throughout Arts.

Seriously if you think d4 cliques are bad they are absolutely nothing compared to Commerce. Although thats only an issue if you care about these cliques.
    Commerce is the offical d4 course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Sangre wrote:
    Seriously if you think d4 cliques are bad they are absolutely nothing compared to Commerce. Although thats only an issue if you care about these cliques.
    Commerce is the offical d4 course.

I know a few people doing Commerce/Commerce International and they say that there aren't too many snobs in their courses. From hearing them talk about their courses there defintiely is a good spirit amongst them. They all know each other very well and say that they really enjoy the atmosphere. From my personal experience anyone who I've got to know or talk to who does commerce all seem really friendly,cool and genuine people. I would say that Commerce being the ultimate D4 course is a myth to an extent as the people I know say there are not many people from D4 in their course. I would certainly much prefere to in Commerce than with the knobs in Arts thats for sure.

No its just that d4 cliques are normally borken down by the smaller class sizes.

Actually, Bus & Legal is the ultimate d4 course, its loike da best, roysh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

Everyone I know doing commerce is a total 'd4 clique' person as youd call it, it probably just doesnt stand out as much since theres only one big clique rather than a few fractured ones in arts. Also everyone I know enjoys arts, so I wouldnt base your opinion on others experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

hmm well having done graphic design and switching through the CAO to Arts.. it's definitely worth swapping if you're not happy with what you are doing.
    In a perfect world if I'd had the points etc and the patience.. oh and if I was good at the whole physics maths part.. then I'd love to do Architecture. But meh.. I'm pretty happy as I am too so all is good!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement