Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone happy with Ripwave?

• 01-04-2005 12:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,199 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering is anyone happy with their Ripwave service?
    It seems like such a good idea but the implementation seems very poor.

Are you Happy with Ripwave 27 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    29% 8 votes
    I was at the start, not now.
    70% 19 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

I voted yes, but I don't have it :D

Sorry, I'll get my coat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,199 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

kaizersoze wrote:
    I voted yes, but I don't have it :D

Sorry, I'll get my coat
    Thanks, thanks for your input. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

was great for a while, but ive moved to esat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭ReefBreak

I've had it working well for 4 months, but last friday it just went kaput on me, and hasn't reconnected since. IBB haven't been much help either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Had it for a few months and it was hopeless. Very rarely any faster than dial-up and quite often much slower.

I switched to IOL broadband and it was like being released from torture !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭garrettod

Hi

Recently installed RipWave in Dublin area - covered by signal footprint from Killester, per IBBs website.

Best signal I can get is an almost reliable red light (indicates weak, but useable signal strength), sadly this is not proving constant and seems to drop during warmer parts of the day etc.

On average, each telephone call is taking 10 minutes on hold before I get to speak to someone on the customer support. When I do, the first thing they keep telling me is move the antenna to a different part of the house (eh, don't you nice people think I've tried that ? ... I did read your instructions you know :()

Great concept but seems to need serious investment to ensure better service & reliability ... otherwise a little more honesty with potential & existing customers please from RipWave.

Unless things improve, I'll be looking at my options which is a shame, as I really love the concept & want to stay with them.

Lets hope the members OldTitan is reading this, he seems to be trying to help & appears to have some influence :)

Thanks,

G.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭Oddjob

Ripwave is pure muck and never worked properly for me, I've sent E-Mails trying to cancel it, but get no replies, I don't have time to sit on hold for half an hour during the week, and the offices close at the weekends. Does anyone know the quickest way to get rid of this piece of crap?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,199 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Oddjob wrote:
    Does anyone know the quickest way to get rid of this piece of crap?.
    Email support, they will arrange a courier to pick it up from you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭garrettod

I've gotta agree about the telephone support -

It's terrible having to wait so long to speak to someone, not to mention the fact that it's supposed to be a Home service which is likely to be used more off peak hours than on peak in many homes ... those hours are not 8am till 8pm Mon to Friday afaik !

I'm not ready to quit on Ripwave yet mind you, just fear I will soon have to :)

Thanks,

G.

Advertisement