Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo 3 on Xbox or Xbox2?

• 01-04-2005 1:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭

I keep hearing nasty rumours saying that Halo 3 will be out on the Xbox 2 instead of the Xbox. Any one know anything?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

D wrote:
    I keep hearing nasty rumours saying that Halo 3 will be out on the Xbox 2 instead of the Xbox. Any one know anything?

Its plain as day it'll be out on Xbox 2. Anyone who thinks it'll be on xbox is fooling themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

i read here that xboxs are being pulled so i dont know if big games like halo 3 will still be produced on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Xbox 2 launching before christmas. You really think Halo 3 will come out on xbox before then?

L5 wrote:
    Xbox 2 launching before christmas. You really think Halo 3 will come out on xbox before then?

no, no i do not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

should it not be called Halo 2.5 seeing as how everyone was giving out about how Halo 2 ended?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Scruff wrote:
    should it not be called Halo 2.5 seeing as how everyone was giving out about how Halo 2 ended?:rolleyes:

I think that most people (including myself) believe that halo 2 was cut short to start work on halo 3, and apparently Microsoft have double staff numbers at Bungie to help them finish the job before Christmas.
    Even if Microsoft aren't pulling the plug on machine production, they've pretty much ended the production of games for this generation. PGR 3, Halo 3, BC, Half Life 2, and most other AAA titles will be on the new console IMO, Doom 3 is likely to be the last exclusive and big game for the console (if you ignore Conker, which is really just a port with added online play).

I don't think it will happen but I'd be delighted to see the xbox2 here by Christmas, once it's at a respectable launch price too :D

flogen wrote:
    once it's at a respectable launch price too :D

im sure that will happen...

i may jump onto the xbox bandwagon this time around in favour of the ps3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

I don't know why anyone would want Halo3 to come out on the current Xbox, I presume they got the max out of it they could for Halo2, and that wasn't as good as I was hoping it could be(after the first one!). I want them to blow us away with the next one!

And I don't even think it'll be a launch title for XBox2 either, the current interweb rumour is it'll be released on the same day as the PS3 hopefully leading to nerdy riots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i was always under the impression it was a xenon launch title, and nothing else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

of course it's gonna be a launch title for the Xenon i mean come on with all the hype surrounding it and leaving all the Halo 2 fans begging for more it makes perfect sense!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

flogen wrote:
    I think that most people (including myself) believe that halo 2 was cut short to start work on halo 3, and apparently Microsoft have double staff numbers at Bungie to help them finish the job before Christmas.
    Even if Microsoft aren't pulling the plug on machine production, they've pretty much ended the production of games for this generation. PGR 3, Halo 3, BC, Half Life 2, and most other AAA titles will be on the new console IMO, Doom 3 is likely to be the last exclusive and big game for the console (if you ignore Conker, which is really just a port with added online play).

I don't think it will happen but I'd be delighted to see the xbox2 here by Christmas, once it's at a respectable launch price too :D

According to amazon.co.uk half life 2 for the xbox is being released next month ? ? ? ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

skywalker wrote:
    According to amazon.co.uk half life 2 for the xbox is being released next month ? ? ? ?

hrmm, maybe it is, but it dropped off the release lists I've seen so far, and no-one seems to be saying much about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Quik

there's a rumour flying around that halo3 production has been cancelled this true?

flogen wrote:
    hrmm, maybe it is, but it dropped off the release lists I've seen so far, and no-one seems to be saying much about it

Yeah you could be right, did a bit of searching on it and that seems to be the most concrete referral to it I can find.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Xbox 3 (or xenon or Xbox360, xboxNG - whatever) will be Halo 3's home. Wouldn't want it any other way and they might as well take their best franchise and use it to ensure at least some sales of the new box. It wouldn't make any sense whatsoever. Besides, xbox 2 is due in Novemeber they reckon - 7 months down the line - we had full screenshots and possibly even a movie of halo 2 seven months before it was released. It'll be an xbox 3 title imo, but not a launch title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Citizen Jake

Do any of :confused: you know if the current array of games on the market for the Xbox will work on the new console? Holding off buying the current Xbox in favour of the new one and at the same time I like the games currently on the market.

JK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

it's not likely, someone told me last night but i was drunk and can't really remember. sorry can't be more help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

danniemcq wrote:
    it's not likely, someone told me last night but i was drunk and can't really remember. sorry can't be more help
    well worth the post eh? :p

curiouser and curiouser.

582864_49779.jpg

Advertisement