Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with directions

Options
  • 01-04-2005 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭

Can someone help me here, travelling to cork tomorrow, getting aircoach from dublin i think. Drops me off at "Patrick's Quay-Metropole Hotel Back Entrance"
    Now i then need to get a bus to kinsale, which i gather goes from Parnell Place Bus Station.
    Could someone tell me if thats a far walk or how long it is.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Tweaky

when you get off the bus look across the river and the bus station is slightly to the left. you couldn't get much closer.
    Enjoy the real capital

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Tweaky wrote:
    when you get off the bus look across the river and the bus station is slightly to the left. you couldn't get much closer.
    Enjoy the real capital

thanks for the info , ill ignore you're last comment :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

He said Enjoy the real capital

adam /eager to help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

aaah kinsale,my part of the world,and what a place it is,stop in the blue haven for lunch(my cousin owns the place),the kinsale bus no. is 249 and leaves the westside of the station(acrosss street from big red buildinf aka merchants quay),marvel at the newly constructed bus stop in kinsale town by the pier and bitch about the traffic you will encounter if you go thru the magic roundabout at rush hour and whine coz the bus goes into the airport and there is no one there to collect/drop off but adds at least 5 mins to ur journey.

aaah kinsale,my part of the world,and what a place it is,stop in the blue haven for lunch(my cousin owns the place),the kinsale bus no. is 249 and leaves the westside of the station(acrosss street from big red buildinf aka merchants quay),marvel at the newly constructed bus stop in kinsale town by the pier and bitch about the traffic you will encounter if you go thru the magic roundabout at rush hour and whine coz the bus goes into the airport and there is no one there to collect/drop off but adds at least 5 mins to ur journey.

only read this post when i got back but yeah as it happens i did have lunch in blue haven :D Very nice. The airport stop offs were annoying i agree ! Very nice place to visit, more foreigners than natives in it though ! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

more foreigners than natives in it though

try it in the middle of summer,kinsale becomes an american outpost,the towms population swells to 4-5 times its native population,for giggles do what i did,acquire a t-shirt that disses some americans(in my case i got my george bush no.1 terrorist tshirt acquired at the g8 summit in evian)for every yank who looked at me in disgust another would come up and congratulate me,a hairy moment though was in the white lady (niteclub in kinsale)where a group of bush supporters confronted me and got shouty,luckily my fellow natives backed me up.

try it in the middle of summer,kinsale becomes an american outpost,the towms population swells to 4-5 times its native population,for giggles do what i did,acquire a t-shirt that disses some americans(in my case i got my george bush no.1 terrorist tshirt acquired at the g8 summit in evian)for every yank who looked at me in disgust another would come up and congratulate me,a hairy moment though was in the white lady (niteclub in kinsale)where a group of bush supporters confronted me and got shouty,luckily my fellow natives backed me up.

:) sounds like a laugh, was in that night club on friday night actually, tiny place!

Advertisement