Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how often do you change clothes?

Options
  • 01-04-2005 4:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

was just wandering how often people generally change there clothes.

I would wear the same outfit for about 3 days in a row and then change to another outfit [by outfit i mean same jeans, hoodie, t shirt and shoes, i change my underwear every day]

is this ok or should i be expected to have a new outfit on every day?

is it a turn off to see someone in the same outfit more than once in a row?

whats the best way to go about mixing it up if one hoodie looks better with one pair of jeans and wouldn't look well with another and vissa verssa?

im not talking about washing them here, or hygene, just wearing them, if i do excersise in one outfit and its all sweaty, i will wash it right away and wouldnt wear it for another 2 days.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

If I wore a t-shirt all day I wouldn't wear it the next day unless I was just intending to stay in and so stuff around the house or stay in bed... Sometimes I might be in one two days in a row if it's the weekend and I'm on a bender and I've not made it home but that would be it really!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭clairey

thats rotten!!! maybe its becuase im a girl but id never wear any item of clothing twice without washing it! am i jus a clean freak???

• Registered Users Posts: 24,238 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Wouldn't wear the same thing two days in a row unless I hadn't been home that night and I'd feel fairly grimy even if I'd had a shower in between.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

I work in an office, so I wear a fresh clean shirt everyday [socks & underwear too]! My suits normally last me a week, but I'd change it if it became dirty or smelly. The benefit of wearing a suit to work is that I change out of it the minute I get home, so it is very hard to get it dirty etc.

When not in work, the trackie/jeans would last me a few days [2 days at most], but I still change my t-shirt everyday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

clairey wrote:
    thats rotten!!! maybe its becuase im a girl but id never wear any item of clothing twice without washing it! am i jus a clean freak???
    No, you're a girl.

A pair of jeans will go 3 or 4 days, if they don't otherwise get dirty (through Garden work, fixing my bike, a particularly hot day, a night on the beer, etc). Ditto for a jumper.

Like Giles, I will continue to wear the same underwear as yesterday if I don't intend on much interaction with other beings. Like a Sunday after a long Saturday night for example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

If in doubt, throw it at the wall. If it falls to the floor, it's clean :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Change jocks, socks and Tshirt every day

Jeans / pants get 2-3 days use.

Tops / shirts 2 days use.

At the weekend everything changes every day and most alot of the time every night aswell. Ill wear comfy stuff to hang around in then get dressed to go out / pub etc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

If it doesn't smell, or I'm just to lazy to bother, I'll go on wearing the same.

TBH, I don't think I have enough clothes to be changing everyday.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

There was a guy in Irish College with me a few years ago who wore the same t-shirt 5 day in a row... It was so gross!! And it wasn't even a nice t-shirt!!
    You should change socks, underwear and t-shirts every day or it's just disgusting. Jumpers and hoodies can last 2 days. Trousers, well, I guess that doesn't matter so much. I could happily wear a pair of jeans 4 days in a row

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

I'm a complete ****ing slob when it comes to changing I'd wear the same underwear and tshirt for a couple of days depending on whether i was leaving my house or not and tbh i only own about 5 tshirts so i don't have that much changing room!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

if it looks or smells dirty i change it, otherwise why bother?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Socks and jocks would be everyday.

Monday to Friday i'd were a fresh shirt each day, but i'd keep the same trousers for the week for work.

On the weekend i'd probably were a different t-shirt each day, but keep the jeans and/or combats going for 3-4 days i.e. i might were the same pair of jeans over the space of two weekends on and off. The same would go for a fleece.

As above if i was doing anything more physical than running up the stairs i'd probably throw a tracksuit on and get one go out of it. I'm lucky as well in the fact that i'd rarely break a sweat while doing anything. Other people i know go about the whole day sweating which isn't good.

I think that the people who have to change every piece of clothing every day would be more likely to be living at home, and may have a little help on the parental side. Its a little bit different imho if you do all your own washing etc. Truth be known, its the ironing that wrecks my head more than the washing. So if i go to the bother of ironing something, i'm gonna get some use out of it.

Before the smoking ban you might throw on fresh gear going down the pub and after 3 or 4 hours it would be straight to the laundry basket when you got home. But now i might hang it back up and get another go out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

I'm a complete ****ing slob when it comes to changing I'd wear the same underwear and tshirt for a couple of days depending on whether i was leaving my house or not and tbh i only own about 5 tshirts so i don't have that much changing room!

:eek: LOL I remember bieng a bit like that when i was a teenager, But i gotta change underwear/socks etc everysingle day!!

Just imagine meeting a girl etc and discovering ''SKIDDYS'' :eek: Well thats how they would feel im sure. Jeans deffo 3/ 4 days, every other item must go at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Change jocks, socks and Tshirt every day

Jeans / pants get 2-3 days use.

Tops / shirts 2 days use.

Bang on..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

stagolee wrote:
    if it looks or smells dirty i change it, otherwise why bother?

Spot on, that's the rationale I work on anyway.

Well, with the exception of t-shirts and boxers - I change them pretty much every day or so.

Tops - jumpers, shirts, jackets, hoodies - can go on for a while before they get dirty/stinky so's I have to change em. Ditto for jeans or chords or trousers etc.

I'm disgustin but, meh. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

I would change my out-fit everyday, sometimes twice in a day, but that would be for a practical reason like the gym, or if I was going out. I would maximum wear something for 2 days in a row. I change anything that was in direct contact with my skin after one day (e.g. T-Shirt, Underwear, Socks, etc..) I would consider myself, quite artistic and fashion consious, and due to that, I like to change my clothes often as it's a good way to express how you're feeling (And I dont mean, I'm feeling cold, so I wear a jumper :P) Also, it's sometimes a nice change. Thats just the way I do it though. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

If i was just staying around the house id wear the same thing maybe 3 days but if I was going out / to college or something id change everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Socks/jocks/tshirt get changed daily, unless on a saturday I might wear fridays tshirt until I am getting ready to go out, or until ihave a shower
    Trousers can go for a couple of days, accidentally hit a week here and there. Jumper whatever is handy when I need one.
    cycling into work I'll wear yesterdays teeshirt and socks and shower in work and change into fresh ones. cycling shorts take care of the middle bit :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

:eek: Well thats how they would feel im sure.
    Yes, you are correct - that is how we would feel!
    An unwashed slob is one of the most repulsive creatures I know

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Fishie wrote:
    Yes, you are correct - that is how we would feel!
    An unwashed slob is one of the most repulsive creatures I know

shame you dont smell - fishie :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Socks undies tshirt... fresh set every morning.
    Trousers & tops... as needed.
    I should probably wash my trousers/tops more often and use clean ones every day since they probably stink of smoke... but then being a smoker, I don't smell it and hence don't care, and since they'll be stinking of smoke after a few hours anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Pfff, I wear trousers for about 3 days... underware and socks changed daily and shirts about every second day. I definetly don't have enough clothes to change daily.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭goin'_to_the_PS

underwear and socks daily, the rest i wear till the get smelly/dirty (max 3 days)

whats wrong with wearing clothes till they get dirty or smelly and then changing them

Has anyone ever seen someone wearing the same socks all week, and then wearing socks and sandals on the 7th day?
    Surely it'd be an hilarious prank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Fishie wrote:
    There was a guy in Irish College with me a few years ago who wore the same t-shirt 5 day in a row... It was so gross!! And it wasn't even a nice t-shirt!!

thats so wierd cos when i was in irish college , jesus, over 10 years ago now, there was this guy who wore this horrible orange woolly jumper for the whole 3 weeks! everyday like!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Has anyone ever seen someone wearing the same socks all week, and then wearing socks and sandals on the 7th day?
    Surely it'd be an hilarious prank.

How would you know they're the same socks though? Nearly all of my pairs of socks are the exact same.

Makaveli wrote:
    How would you know they're the same socks though? Nearly all of my pairs of socks are the exact same.
    I'm guessing you'd know by the smell :p
    Or ask...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

I wear a different t-shirt every day but I'd wear the same jeans up to a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭paulcr

When I can't catch 'em.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I prefer having clean clothes, 2 - 3 days could be gotten out of a hoody or i spose.

Advertisement