Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sony ericsson F500i

Options
  • 01-04-2005 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

i have recently bought a sony ericsson F500i but i cant work out how to turn the sound off for the camera. does anyone have any idea how to do it? Ive tried everything i can think of but nothing has worked

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭ranDom_tAsk

i have recently bought a sony ericsson F500i but i cant work out how to turn the sound off for the camera. does anyone have any idea how to do it? Ive tried everything i can think of but nothing has worked

I'm not 100% but I think you actually need a log file and cable to deactivate the shutter sound.

I'll find out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭cecilwinthorpe

*whoosh* that just went straight over my head but thanks i appreciate your help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Disintegrator

You can turn it off only by turning off ALL sounds in the phone (long pressing #). Only this way

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I think the shutter sound can't be turned off to protect people's privacy. Ie so people notice if you're taking a picture of them. Not sure if this is the case for definite though cos you can turn it off on some phones AFAIK.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I've one of those phones too, and from what I gather, I think Random Task is right. You need a data cable and relevant software to remove the noise. I think the camera is pretty poor on it though and seldom use it.

Never realised # key disabled sounds. I always used the C button, which does the same.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

As Random_task said, you need a data cable and a log for a server which can unlock or flash your phone and also has this mod available.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Also, disabling the sounds does not disable the camera sound. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭cecilwinthorpe

You can turn it off only by turning off ALL sounds in the phone (long pressing #). Only this way

that actually doesnt turn of the camera sound at all. Its just really annoying me cos theres this squirrel that i see most days and i manage to get colse enough to him to actually take a pic of him but the noise of the cam scares him away every time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Disintegrator

Hmmmm.... I have K500i (the same phone as F500, but not for Vodafone) - it works (# turns off the camera sound also). Maybe it is firmware gluk? (Gluk - from hallucination, malfunction)

Advertisement