Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

blocking phone numbers

Options
  • 01-04-2005 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

i recently rang 11850 on my mobile using private number,they gave me number i was looking for and they also texted me the number i was looking for,yet i didnt give them my number!? how does this work,is there software out there that can read a private number ?

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭ranDom_tAsk

tnt1 wrote:
    i recently rang 11850 on my mobile using private number,they gave me number i was looking for and they also texted me the number i was looking for,yet i didnt give them my number!? how does this work,is there software out there that can read a private number ?

cheers

Yeah there would have to be, for the likes of 999 prank calls etc, so that they can trace the prank callers. 11850 must have a similar system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

It's like when you connect to someone over P2P ... the connection has to know where it's going to and coming from...

Of course they will tell you the number is hidden from the system, but as you say.. this is bs ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Belfunk

each time you call your number pops up on the screen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Thats how the gardaí are able to find out if you are making threats to somebody from a private number also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I have some problems with that snapscan1212p and the Guards couldn'd do anything.. lodged an official statement and all that too. Vodafone basically gave them the runaround :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement