Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help regarding history special topic

Options
  • 01-04-2005 7:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

hi, i'm just wondering if anybody knows where i could possibly find information about the 'howth gun running in 1914' online. i am currently doing my special topic and am having a bit of trouble with finding useful resources online. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I would say you are not trying hard enough. :p

"1914 gun running" produced pages of stuff. Top one was quite good.

and don't forget your local library, always worth a visit. Best of luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 damo dempsey

thanks for your reply.i realise there are a number of websites on the topic, but they all seem to only have a short paragraph on it, which don't give in-depth detail. i'm looking for consequences including the bachelors walk incident and maybe a rise in support for the irish cause. any more suggestions?? thanks

I think a library may help you in all honesty. Go to a big one. If you can get into the ILAC in Dublin, worth a visit- excellent library.
    Also the National Museum - Merrion Square may also have stuff.
    They have some good exhibits on 1916 etc.

Authors to look out for

Roy Foster
    and Diarmuid Ferriter - very recent book on 20th century in Ireland

The only other suggestion is a good bookshop which will cost you money. You might get lucky in a second-hand shop or Chapters but I'd be surprised

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 damo dempsey

i went to the dublin archive library on pearse st. today. it was very helpful, only thing is you can't bring any books home. thanks for your help 'is that so'!

Cool, happy to help. You could always try the ILAC Library as well. At least you can bring books home.

• Advertisement
Advertisement