Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Telecom passes and Eircom line fails.

• 01-04-2005 8:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

I'd like to get Smart Telecom, and their website says that my line passes their test, as I'm close enough to the Dolphins Barn exchange. However, my line fails the Eircom test. Does this mean I'm set for a big disappointment when I attempt to install Smart's service?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

No..
    Different technologies, different needs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Yes, (maybe)
    They only tell you what exchange is enabled. Your line quality could be dirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭WillieFlynn

Smart are using ADSL2 which should be more forgiving of dirty lines. They have said that they use the raw line data from Eircom, rather than their pass / fail result. If you want to see when the last line test was run, use the line checker on ww.netsource.ie

The only real way to find out is order from smart and hope it works and even if it doesn't work at full speed you may be able to get the service at a slower speed (for the same price).

It would also be an idea to have the min amount of stuff plugged in at your end when the next line test is run (I think they are once a month).

William

Advertisement