Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dvdsoon

Options
  • 01-04-2005 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54,344 ✭✭✭✭

i just bought 2 psp games off dvdsoon and saw this

Dear Clients,

In the spirit of continuously striving to offer better services and our mission to inform you of new and upcoming changes, it is with pleasure that I would like to announce new features recently in place here at DVDSoon.com.

Firstly, I am proud to announce that the shipping delays are finally back to normal. We are now concentrating our efforts to reply to your e-mails as fast as possible. Furthermore, a new telephone system has been put in place. In order to adequately ensure the satisfaction of your questions and needs, this new system will permit you to access pertinent information, at the tip of your fingers!

Moreover, we are developing specialized sections for games, CDs and UMD titles. As requested by our valued customers, we strive to offer the most information possible on these categories.

Also, we will soon offer a detailed listing of High Definition DVDs (Blue Ray and HD-DVD), as they will be available on our site shortly.

Regarding our long-term projects, I am proud to announce new developments that are currently underway.

DVDSoon.com has always been on the lookout for new technologies. Currently, the company is working on a project that will make use of specialized robots to transform the shipping department.An automated system such as this, would greatly optimize the shipping process and in consequence, reduce the delays in treating your orders. Additionally, with the help of our business partners, DVDSoon.com will be developing a "Video on Demand" downloading program as well as a music downloading project. Soon, you can watch your favorite movies and listen to your music in record time, all that, just a few mouse clicks away!

Here at DVDSoon.com, client satisfaction has always been of utmost importance. It is therefore our mission to find the ways to serve you better. If you have any comments and/or suggestions, please feel free to let us know.

looks like dvdsoon will be getting alot better

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

i just bought 2 psp games off dvdsoon and saw this

Dear Clients,

In the spirit of continuously striving to offer better services and our mission to inform you of new and upcoming changes, it is with pleasure that I would like to announce new features recently in place here at DVDSoon.com.

Firstly, I am proud to announce that the shipping delays are finally back to normal. We are now concentrating our efforts to reply to your e-mails as fast as possible. Furthermore, a new telephone system has been put in place. In order to adequately ensure the satisfaction of your questions and needs, this new system will permit you to access pertinent information, at the tip of your fingers!

Moreover, we are developing specialized sections for games, CDs and UMD titles. As requested by our valued customers, we strive to offer the most information possible on these categories.

Also, we will soon offer a detailed listing of High Definition DVDs (Blue Ray and HD-DVD), as they will be available on our site shortly.

Regarding our long-term projects, I am proud to announce new developments that are currently underway.

DVDSoon.com has always been on the lookout for new technologies. Currently, the company is working on a project that will make use of specialized robots to transform the shipping department.An automated system such as this, would greatly optimize the shipping process and in consequence, reduce the delays in treating your orders. Additionally, with the help of our business partners, DVDSoon.com will be developing a "Video on Demand" downloading program as well as a music downloading project. Soon, you can watch your favorite movies and listen to your music in record time, all that, just a few mouse clicks away!

Here at DVDSoon.com, client satisfaction has always been of utmost importance. It is therefore our mission to find the ways to serve you better. If you have any comments and/or suggestions, please feel free to let us know.

looks like dvdsoon will be getting alot better

April Fools!

• Registered Users Posts: 54,344 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

L5 wrote:
    April Fools!
    what is this serious :confused:
    dam you dvdsoon :eek:

i imagine the bit about the robots was an april fools! :D

L5 wrote:
    i imagine the bit about the robots was an april fools! :D
    ya you could be right

[any luck with wipeout fusion yet]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭savemejebus

maybe not, they're a french speaking crowd so they might just have translated their original french press release badly

• Advertisement

ya you could be right

[any luck with wipeout fusion yet]

no luck ,its missing. I have to wait 14 days before contacting them though :(
    everyone else got theirs tuesday

L5 wrote:
    no luck ,its missing. I have to wait 14 days before contacting them though :(
    everyone else got theirs tuesday
    who knows could arrive monday

my psp have allready been shipped thats very quick [dvdsoon]

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Mthor5

got wipeout pure on friday from dvdsoon,funnily enough it was posted 4 days(according to dvdsoon email) before metal gear acid-which i got on monday :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

I wouldnt trust email from dvdsoon saying your package has shipped. This is usually in my experience sent a few days after the item has been sent. Check the postage date on the package itself.

As for the message about robots etc, that has been up on the dvdsoon site for the past week or so.

mbroaders wrote:
    I wouldnt trust email from dvdsoon saying your package has shipped. This is usually in my experience sent a few days after the item has been sent. Check the postage date on the package itself.

As for the message about robots etc, that has been up on the dvdsoon site for the past week or so.
    i do hope they have shipped it

but is it a bit strange., ordered the psp games friday and today i got a email saying its shipped

i just looked at my account on dvdsoon only one game is shipped
    by the way can my game be tracked why im asking is ,i went into my acount [details of my order]and at the bottom, i was given a tracking number,could this be right and if so where will i put the tracking number into

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

where will i put the tracking number into

Go the page and hit Alt and F4 to open the tracking page.

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    Go the page and hit Alt and F4 to open the tracking page.

kdjac
    that didnt work :rolleyes: but i got it working myself
    thanks any way :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Did you select 1st class shipping headshot? Otherwise DVD soon ship using normal (non registered) post and i don't think you can track this. Don't worry too much tho, anything that i've gotten has arrived within 3 days of "shipping" on the website

Did you select 1st class shipping headshot? Otherwise DVD soon ship using normal (non registered) post and i don't think you can track this. Don't worry too much tho, anything that i've gotten has arrived within 3 days of "shipping" on the website
    the tracking is working now allright
    cheers for the help i really hope ill have it in 3-4 days

right now its in canada but you would expect that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

that didnt work but i got it working myself
    thanks any way
    haha. that made my day, Kdjac :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Still waiting for my PSP, took tracking no. from shipped page of my account with them, typed it into the canadian postal service website and found that they posted it on the evening of the 28th, still waiting for it to turn up, up to now the stuff has always arrived in 4 days, although this package is that bit heavier. Figure maybe the duty guys are busy wondering what to charge me. Anyone else buy through Dvdsoon?
    Did they get charged any extra import taxes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

does anyone else find the dvd soon website cumbersome and slow?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Yup, just like their delivery times!
    Still awaiting Need for Speed underground rivals!

Advertisement