Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Traditional / Folk Groups

Options
  • 01-04-2005 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭

Since it's always so quite on here I thought I'd start a new thread. I know there's a links thread but this is slightly different. I'm looking for links to sites or mp3's of not so well known artists, stuff we haven't heard but you think we should. Even give a local artist a well deserved mention..

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Good idea, just make sure that any sites you link to contain legal downloads.

I was out thurdsday night in Carlow and heard Uisce Beatha for the first time in a long time. The band is made up of 4 young lads who are extremely talented and they play a nice mix of trad music. They regulary play in Kilkenny and Carlow but also travel around the country a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

Yeah sorry, should've said that. Official websites, soundclicks or similar. Nothing without the artists permission. :)

I have to give Harafish a mention, based around the Drogheda area. One of the best groups I've heard. Play everything from American Folk to Irish Traditional and Originals. Top class band, and musicians. Tend to stay local, if you get a chance to see them, do.

Advertisement