Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PADI Books, CD's

• 01-04-2005 8:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

Anybody here know where I can buy the PADI books and CD's before
    doing my Open water and advanced open water courses in Crete next month.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭NordicDiver

Any Padi dive shop/centre in Ireland should help you with this.

Jan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

You could buy them but they will be included in the price of your course, i would imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Peace wrote:
    You could buy them but they will be included in the price of your course, i would imagine.
    yep.

arrange to do the course a couple o weeks in advance if you're that worried, but it's designed to be read day by day as you do the course.

Actually it is not uncommon to borrow books when you take the OW course or ADV course...more common in "holiday countries".

We recommend students to read the book in advance, especially the intensive 4 day open water courses.

Jan

Actually it is not uncommon to borrow books when you take the OW course or ADV course...more common in "holiday countries".

We recommend students to read the book in advance, especially the intensive 4 day open water courses.

Jan

I'll see if i can dig out the good stuff. Will pos back assuming OW & AOWD are FOC within the dublin area...

• Advertisement

.....especially the intensive 4 day open water courses.
    intensive? come on, it's not exactly brain surgery is it!

PADI designed the book to be easily read AS you're doing the course, and it's certainly achievable by studying for each day the evening before, with or without the accompanying video.

vibe666 wrote:
    intensive? come on, it's not exactly brain surgery is it!

PADI designed the book to be easily read AS you're doing the course, and it's certainly achievable by studying for each day the evening before, with or without the accompanying video.

I can only speak of experience, the students that have gotten the book in advance and have done the knowledge reviews and read the book, maybe looked at the video, get a head start and get the best score on the quizzes, also in the pool the students skills demonstration are of a higher quality.

Another thing is, does kenny11 want to spend time studying the book on holiday ?

Vibe666, I have seen lots of students gotten their cert. after listening to the presentation, looked at the video, answered the quizzes and answered the knowledge review on the fly, but I don’t recommend it!

Jan

fair enough, it's a long time since i took it, but imho PADI doesn't even start to get difficult till you do your Rescue/MFA cert, and most people of average intelligence should be able to do the OW and AOW 'on the fly'.

just my 2c.

studying can't hurt though, I suppose, so if you can, then go for it.

Can't seem to put my hand to the manuals... sorry! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Open Water Crew Pak, do a search on PADI to find the modules for the Advanced Open Water (on the same site).

Actually heres some more stuff:

• Advertisement
Advertisement