Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best beat em up series ever???

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Street Fighter 2
    Would have voted for Super Smash Bros even though it's more of a party game than a beat em up but I said Mortal Kombat for the finishers but not the new ones

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Tekken
    single player beat em up wise.....
    its just gotta be Streets of Rage with streets of rage 2 being the best out of them.
    I still think sum1 should sort out a re-make of this genre. SOR4 would rock if done right. also an ultra violent film would be cool, dig up jean claude van damme for it, give it an 18s rating, no plot but just kick ass all the way through. it would rock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The fact that dead or alive ws concidered in the poll

That person is a moron :)

Streets of Rage, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter

In that order, imo. I remember playing Street fighter original a while back, its incredibly crap and as far as I remember, the characters Ryu and Ken do not resemble those in the much later sequel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The fact that dead or alive ws concidered in the poll[\quote]

That person is a moron

Streets of Rage, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter

In that order, imo. I remember playing Street fighter original a while back, its incredibly crap and as far as I remember, the characters Ryu and Ken do not resemble those in the much later sequel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Tekken
    Yeah well the original SF was notoriously crap, and not many will try to deny that. However its the sequels you should be talking about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Creature wrote:
    Yeah well the original SF was notoriously crap, and not many will try to deny that. However its the sequels you should be talking about.

It wasn't great but was the first I can remember with 6 buttons and "secret" moves, the fireball. Karate champ was innovative with the 2 joysticks too.
    Of course there was the version of sf with the bid rubber pads for buttons that you had to beat on.

Advertisement