Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorolla V3 Razr

Options
  • 01-04-2005 10:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

i was just wondering what the general consenses is on the V3 is it worth the buy or is it just a fancy piece of s**t. if any one has there input is much apreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Banjo013

It's a fancy piece of kit that can potentially be very useful - if it worked.

I signed up before Christmas. I'd advise you to steer well clear of it if you don't want your head wrecked by a 3G network that is not fit to be in service.

Vodafone rushed it to the market, and don't seem to have tested it properly if at all. The network just doesn't work - for various reasons it's a constant failure and disappointment.

It appears that Vodafone are using the general public to test the system. And of course while the public are doing this for them, the service is completely diabolical and for me personally costs twice as much as when it did before I signed up.

Pass on it if you've got any sense. Give it another year maybe until they get it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Banjo013 wrote:
    It's a fancy piece of kit that can potentially be very useful - if it worked.

I signed up before Christmas. I'd advise you to steer well clear of it if you don't want your head wrecked by a 3G network that is not fit to be in service.

Vodafone rushed it to the market, and don't seem to have tested it properly if at all. The network just doesn't work - for various reasons it's a constant failure and disappointment.

It appears that Vodafone are using the general public to test the system. And of course while the public are doing this for them, the service is completely diabolical and for me personally costs twice as much as when it did before I signed up.

Pass on it if you've got any sense. Give it another year maybe until they get it right.

The V3 is not a 3g phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Doublezero8

Stekelly wrote:
    The V3 is not a 3g phone.

Think this may be were the problem lies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

i had the v3 for a couple of weeks hated it, one of the best looking phones on the market, but thats where it ends, i sold it and bought the Samsung D500, way better phone, probably one of the best phones on the market, i cant see myself getting rid of it any time soon, only problem is that none of the networks here carry it, so ebay is probably your best bet, so in other words steer clear of the V3 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

i had the v3 for a couple of weeks hated it, one of the best looking phones on the market, but thats where it ends, i sold it and bought the Samsung D500, way better phone, probably one of the best phones on the market, i cant see myself getting rid of it any time soon, only problem is that none of the networks here carry it, so ebay is probably your best bet, so in other words steer clear of the V3 :D

The Samsung will be appearing very very soon actually.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chicken_food

Does the D500 not suffer from the similar samsung fate of being slow,sluggish and annoying like previous models??
    the only reason i ask is im debating between getin the D500 for 140E or the 6170 for 190E.
    The V3 was in the lead for a while,but i think spending the extra bit might help.
    what would you choose?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Disintegrator

i used all 3 phones - D500, V3 RAZR and 6170. Conclusion:

D500 - one of the best phones on market, i think is a "little revolution" from Samsung. Phone MUCH more better than previos models from Samsung. It has one minus - no slot for memory cards => "cutted" mp3-player.

V3 - fashion phone :-\ no big memory, no good screen etc...

6170 - also fashion, no Bluetooth, but good ergonomics.

If you prefer fashion style - choose V3.

Today market gives us only 2 really function phones (not smartphones) - SE S700i, Samsung D500. also both phones has perfect (for cameraphones, of course) cameras.

It was IMHO based on own experience :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

Does the D500 not suffer from the similar samsung fate of being slow,sluggish and annoying like previous models??
    the only reason i ask is im debating between getin the D500 for 140E or the 6170 for 190E.
    The V3 was in the lead for a while,but i think spending the extra bit might help.
    what would you choose?

allthose fones are a waste of cash, the sony t630 is almost as attractive as a V3 and is 1/4th the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

what would you choose?

it doesn't suffer at all the menu is very easy to use and once you get used to the shortcuts its super the camera is also great quality, the memory is about 90mb so stores loads of stuff, and mp3s are easy to change on it anyway, it also comes with a really cool little speaker that fits into the usb slot on the side, battery life is very good, really nice scree etc could go on for ever, but if you do get one you wont be dissapointed,

just wondering your post says you can get one for 140E, if so can you get many of them cos my mates are all looking for them. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chicken_food

Im getting a few phones thru my dads company in england,so il let you know asap what the story is.
    D500 sounds like it wins hands down!

• Advertisement
Advertisement