Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Blind Woes

Options
  • 01-04-2005 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭

Ok, so it seems to me that the BB has started to cost me more than just the BB lately!

The last, I dunno, Load of Tourneys I've exited lately have been from the BB.

I get average cards on teh BB. Check it for free and seem to always catch a piece of the flop, sometimes more than others. For some reason I seem to overplay from here and end up more often than not, losing lots of chips.
    Most of the MTTs I've been knocked out of have been from the BB, and not really under any particular pressure.

Take just now... (BB:800)
    BB A9s. One caller. I check.
    Flop is 369 rainbow. I bet out half my stack T1800)
    He raises all-in and I call. He shows TT and I'm out :(

Was it bad play on my part ? Should I have been more cautious ?

This is just one example. Often I catch middle pair and end up losing chips when I bet out and get re-raised.
    Ah crap, bad play is bad play :rolleyes:

Anyone any words of wisdom for me? :)
    Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

I dont' see how you can get away from this one. It doesn't sound like you have many chips compared to the blinds and you got just about the best flop you could hope for. How could you put him on an overpair when he has just limped? If you had raised preflop you would have got called. The only way you stay in this tournie is if it is raised preflop by someone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭BrendanB

Not much you can do on that one, if you've more chips you can lay it down easily, on the basis that it's unlikely that you're ahead once reraised, but with 3:1 it's hard to get away. If you've a bigger stack you can drop it for fear of a set/overpair.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

Nope, no way out of that one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

yeah your right.
    to be honest maybe hat was a bad example.

I guess my problem really lies in bad post flop play with middle/bottom pair.

Back to the books :)

Advertisement