Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3-tier project...

Options
  • 01-04-2005 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a project to do which is to develop an E-Commerce web-based application using a 3-tier architecture model....

I'm sure there are plently of examples out there, but I want to make sure I develop one which will show obviuos use of communication between each tier i.e Client to Server for requesting/submitting information, and Server to database for processing requests.

The project is based on a Java course I did last year where we touched on a range of technologies like HTML, XML, Java client/server programming (basic level), servelets, sockets and server sockets....

At the moment, I'm thinking of developing a retail site which sells a product, and the database information is processed/ammended depending on requests.

I'n not sure if this will fully show the use/benifits of the 3-tier model.

I'm really just brainstorming here, but would appreciate any advice.

D.

Advertisement