Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damn you, CTYI!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭meeka

usually like, mid may, if my memory serves me correcty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

I heard today that some people who applied on time and are over 13 got their forms back saying there are no res. places left.Anyone shed any light?

here's the only light i have, the check i sent was for too little money, got a phonecall today, "send more money for your place" so i reckon i'm in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Hobotastic

Whoa... Grainne looks like her little avatar thingy... The red hair and all... what a strange coincidence... What's her name again? The chick from Roger Rabbit?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

not really... 500 years ago was the Gealic chieftians and Bards and stuff. When Ireland and Saudi Arabia had the best rights for women in the world...

Bring irish chocomalate. American stuff sucks..

800 years of oppression!

Yeah I know I was historically inaccurate, but will the Americans?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

LiamD wrote:
    I heard today that some people who applied on time and are over 13 got their forms back saying there are no res. places left.Anyone shed any light?
    That happened a few years ago to me too. Just convince your parents to go away while you're in CTYI so you can't commute. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

here's the only light i have, the check i sent was for too little money.....
    God loves a chancer!
    Hobotastic wrote:
    Whoa... Grainne looks like her little avatar thingy... The red hair and all... what a strange coincidence... What's her name again? The chick from Roger Rabbit?
    Jessica Rabbit i believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Caoimhe wrote:
    That happened a few years ago to me too. Just convince your parents to go away while you're in CTYI so you can't commute. :)
    Or live in teh bog, that means you have to go residential. OR a 3 hour commute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Starbabe

are they really strict on whether your application form was late or not?

LiamD wrote:

Panic Stations, just recieved this letter!

Course of action unknown, but by god it better be effective!

• Advertisement

Text of the letter?

And where do you live?

Harolds Cross, cant commute though, tried in my first year, almost died, was home close to 11 (even without social time) and was up at 7. only lasted 4 days before i got accomadation.

Letter reads as follows

blah blah blah

UNfortunately we are oversubsribed for residential places in session 2 and we will not be able to offer you a residential place.

We can offer you a residential place on any course in session 1 if you were willing to change. the dates are blah blah. We can also offer you a place as a commuter student on asession 2.

We need you or you parents to contact the office be 22nd april with your decision (holy ****, that's tomorrow!)

if not...balh blah..refund etc.

CTYI

F00k....you don't have any well meaning relatives nearby, do you?

nope, not one, i'll be a ringing tomorrow, there's no chance of session 1, my parents have booked holiday for 2, so it's either, give me res or else i'm not goin :(!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Ouch! Glad I got mine in on time anyway! :eek:

okay, making a new thread, it's a campaign to get me a residential place, contact any old RA's or TA's you know, i need names guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

if you didn't get that letter does it mean you're in for residential?

Id say so. Sign my petition please!

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Chowburger

Starbabe wrote:
    are they really strict on whether your application form was late or not?

I've got a place every year so far, and I think this year was the first time I send in my application on time, so methinks they're not too hung up about it.

Or maybe it's the fact that there's no other possible way for me to go unless I'm residential *shrug*

S**T.

i got that damned letter too. and i can't commute because i live in F***IN DONEGAL. my mum has a few friends in dublin, but thats never going to happen so its pretty much session 1 or nothing for me. B*L*X.

And i was so going to enjoy spec fiction writing too.
    Its just like the worst thing to happen. Dave and Aonghus stick to sess2 and then i can't go!

• Advertisement

So what are you gonna do Cara?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Come to session two and stay with someone in Dublin. Either with one of your mum's friends or find someone else who's commuting/a nevermore.

Cara if i'm going for digs you wanna do it too? I'm sure you're mam wouldn't mind if it was more than you on your own?

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭smiley_knees

Hobotastic wrote:
    *blushes* Yeah, it's Jessica Rabbit. I don't know if i should be flattered or insulted by that comment... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Flattered! Jessica Rabbit is hot.

Undergod wrote:
    Flattered! Jessica Rabbit is hot.

second that

my mum wouldn't let me stay with a close friend of hers in dublin (i know her quite well) because she didn't want to put "responsobility" and stuff on her etc.
    and i said to her about digs but she thinks it'll be too expensive or dangerous if i stay on my own. and Yasmin said i could stay in her house and everything but i'm not allowed either because my rents don't know her rents even though we do have a telephone.

i wish i could stay with you Emmet!! hey, me and you were at all the same years and sessions, and this'll be the first year since we've started that we're not on the same session. Same with Emily too. and i'm sure theres more.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Chowburger

Starbabe wrote:
    this'll be the first year since we've started that we're not on the same session. Same with Emily too. and i'm sure theres more.

This'll be the first Cara-free year since 2002... I offer you my kitchen to live in! I'm sure they won't notice =P

i wish too that i could live in your kitchen. *sigh* :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭spudington16

You know, Ian, some people would call what you're doing obsessive. You had a good stretch in CTYI but it's time you moved on with your life. Why moan about it here? Even if you went back you'd be a year older than everyone else there, and you'd stick out like a sore thumb. Find something else to do with your summer! You might notice that it's the season where the sun comes out, ice cream vans are driving around and you have no responsibilities. Why not just enjoy your three months off?

Advertisement