Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banner adverts

Options
  • 02-04-2005 1:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

How are your new banner ads getting through my firewall(which has ad-blocking magic stuff)

Your old ones never showed and no other sites ads show up either.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Magic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Winters wrote:
    Magic.
    Damn you I was going to say that...

You snooze you loose ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Boards is run by 0ldsk00l l33t h4x0rz and they wish to maintain the high-flying, affulent lifestyles to which they have become accustomed.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Do they really intrude on your browsing of boards.ie?
    To be frankly honest with you i didn't notice them until i saw you're post.

(I am not blind).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭donalin

its cause they are banners. apart of the site. your magic stuff only blocks popups!! one would think. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I don't see the point. What will you see instead? A blank space? You might miss something good :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

If you click on the add and buy something from it you wont see them again....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

dearg_doom wrote:
    How are your new banner ads getting through my firewall(which has ad-blocking magic stuff)

Your old ones never showed and no other sites ads show up either.

pwned

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

They dont bother me, once boards.ie dont turn to pop ups/unders. Visiting sites like mess.be to be told I won a holiday -- kinda disturbes my browsing pleasure ;)

- Sully

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Boards have always been very strict with their advertisers about what the ads can be and this works well for them. Personally I have never found any of the ads intrusive and barely notice them these days.

Anyone remember the eircom one that was up for a while that spawned a huuuuge ad.

Eircom cant put ad's here anymore because of that one iirc. They browke the rules...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Advertisement