Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pope

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Asok wrote:
    He isnt dead yet people but he probably will be soon and may he be at peace.

May he be at peace
    :D Made me laugh. Thanks.
    cool do we get to slag jews next week?
    No. Slag the Jews week is the week after Judgement day, when we can run aound shouting "we told you so".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Just noticed this fine thread.
    To the OP...I have this sig for a while now. Long before the pope decided to pull a sickie. I thought it was bad enough for someone to actually take the time to PM me and call me a "tool" (Yes Kevin_rc_ie) but for a thread to be started about it....Jesus H.
    I removed the sig but after seeing this thread it's back.

How will you sleep at night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Asok wrote:
    Well the thing is how are we to take all this its being reported as him being dead one minute the next he isnt I mean seriously i took this screenshot off a news site i read

pope.png

zombie pope? LMFAO!!!!!!!!

P.S.: and edge, keep the sig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

lol edge fair play for removing it. it's stupid either way. was i the only one that pmed you. hope i didnt upset you calling u a tool. tired and emotional etc. no excuse. i'm sure ur not a tool. well. i don't know. hope u can sleep tonight after my outburst.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

best
    thread
    ever.

i hope the pope gets to heaven,
    if anyone deserves it, he does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

cool do we get to slag jews next week?

Yeah, cool, and then say..am...I dunno...Hindus the week after that?

ffs dude, you can't plan spontaneity

And Donkey: funny - yes, offensive - not to people with a sense of humour and a realistic perspective on life.
    Personally, I find the Vatican's position on homosexuality, celibacy, female clergy and disinformation regarding contraceptives and their advantages in helping to prevent the spread of AIDS and STIs in 3rd world countries to be more offensive than the sig in question.

So, concisely, and for the people in the cheap seats at the back I have this to say:
    [strike]Fúck[/strike] Flip off out of it ye shower of muppets.

disinformation regarding contraceptives

explain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

tbh, **** the pope

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

lol edge fair play for removing it. it's stupid either way. was i the only one that pmed you. hope i didnt upset you calling u a tool. tired and emotional etc. no excuse. i'm sure ur not a tool. well. i don't know. hope u can sleep tonight after my outburst.

Your sins are forgiven child.

pope_finger.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

The archbishop of Nairobi, Raphael Ndingi Nzeki recently said that "Aids... has grown so fast because of the availability of condoms."

They tell people that condoms are useless against the spread of HIV because of tiny holes in the condoms.

oh yes. absolute fact and proof there. hmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

popesees.jpg

oh yes. absolute fact and proof there. hmm.

Well, yes, yes I think it is.
    Seeing as a Google Search for "Vatican AIDS Contraceptives" gives quite a few links to similar articles and reports from fairly well known news sites.

to be honest, i've not read fully those links but appears that the Vatican has not denied that condoms used correctly will stop transmission of the virus thru semen but they are maintaining the attitude that abstinence is the only way to be certain you don't get the disease.

remember that condoms are not freely available in large parts of africa. this is not the vatican's fault. and remember the low education standards of a lot of sub-saharn africa. listen mate, if you knew a potential sexual partner had aids would u still have intercourse and use a condom. that's the way you have to look at it. if you continually have intercourse with infected partners you will get this disease if you're living in african conditions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Chalk wrote:
    ashingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A29404-2005Jan22.html[/url]

seriuously, find out what your favorite dude actaully says before you deny it.

exactly. a bit of research never did anyone any harm.

Besides its not as if the church's opposition to contraceptives is some big secret. :rolleyes:
    And not only do they disapprove of the use of condoms but, as has been pointed out, they openly discourage and misinform people on the consequences of using them.

The Pope is the front-line if an institution of bigotry and hypocrisy and people are entitled to their opinion on the matter....and if they choose to express that opinion through humour then so be it. Who are you to say otherwise?

to be honest, i've not read fully those links

whats your damn point then

well certainly according to your logic i can say what i want.

secondly, i think my above point is valid and i'll stick by it regardless of what links you post. i think a lot of you ppl are talking tru ur ar'se about conspiracy theories to kill ppl on the RC behalf.

You cannot defeat the fact if you do not want to contract HIV you should not have sex with infected people. How is this disinformation or lies?

i would suggest you do.
    they are maintaining the attitude that abstinence is the only way to be certain you don't get the disease.

do you abstain from sex or do you use condoms?
    listen mate, if you knew a potential sexual partner had aids would u still have intercourse and use a condom. that's the way you have to look at it

what if you don't know for sure if a person has it, and yet you are aware that you are living in a country where the disease is rampant. should you not be allowed to protect yourself against the possibility of contracting the virus??
    if you continually have intercourse with infected partners you will get this disease if you're living in african conditions.

same is to be said if you are living in a first world country....what happens if you are continually sleeping with an infected partner without knowing, and you're not using a condom? what would the response of the majority of society be if you contract the virus? you would be seen as an idiot for not protecting yourself.

• Advertisement

to be honest, i've not read fully those links but appears that the Vatican has not denied that condoms used correctly will stop transmission of the virus thru semen but they are maintaining the attitude that abstinence is the only way to be certain you don't get the disease.

remember that condoms are not freely available in large parts of africa. this is not the vatican's fault. and remember the low education standards of a lot of sub-saharn africa. listen mate, if you knew a potential sexual partner had aids would u still have intercourse and use a condom. that's the way you have to look at it. if you continually have intercourse with infected partners you will get this disease if you're living in african conditions.

And that's how you defend lying to people in these (and other) countries?
    You "mate" should remember that alot of people in 3rd world countries don't know they're infected, if they even know what AIDS and STIs are in the first place.
    How can you justify an institution like the Vatican actively undermining the work of people trying to educate the populace to the dangers of sexual disease?
    And yet you are opposed to The_Ledge's sig?

Get some perspective like a good lad.

You exemplify "Blind Faith".

listen i'm not going to get into a quoting and rebuttle fight. correct me if i'm wrong but aren't the majority of adults in sub saharan HIV Positive.

I've no problems answering personal questions but i'm going to defer answering you're because they're irrelevant.

You dopes, if one of you stands up and says " i'll go and live in africa, find a lovely wife, who's HIV positive and spend the rest of our days having sex with a condom" i'll retract all my statements.

i'd be very suprised if anyone here understands the living conditions in these parts of Africa.

ok it's 5am i'm wrong ur right night night.

well certainly according to your logic i can say what i want.

secondly, i think my above point is valid and i'll stick by it regardless of what links you post.
    Granted, but don't expect to post what alot of people consider to be junk rhetoric without encountering opposing opinions and debate.
    i think a lot of you ppl are talking tru ur ar'se about conspiracy theories to kill ppl on the RC behalf.
    Oh sweet mother of Jeff, The Ironing Is Delicious Grandmama
    You cannot defeat the fact if you do not want to contract HIV you should not have sex with infected people. How is this disinformation or lies?
    Papal spokesperson Cardinal Alfonso Trujillo claimed on a recent BBC program that "the AIDS virus is roughly 450 times smaller than the spermatozoon. The spermatozoon can easily pass through the 'net' that is formed by the condom."

You're avoiding the argument put forward by Peachy Pants, and we're drifting off-topic (The Ledge's sig).

lets go then
    p,lease do
    but appears that the Vatican has not denied that condoms used correctly will stop transmission of the virus
    they have, read the links
    they are maintaining the attitude that abstinence is the only way to be certain you don't get the disease
    similarly the best way to avoid a car crash is to not get in a car,
    again. what is your point
    remember that condoms are not freely available in large parts of africa.
    whos fault is that?
    aid workers who provide them, or vatican workers who will tell people to not provide them
    this is not the vatican's fault.
    strangely enough it is, read the links
    remember the low education standards of a lot of sub-saharn africa
    fair enough, but it is the cathoic church eduactiing them in the wrong way that is worsenign the situation

listen mate, if you knew a potential sexual partner had aids would u still have intercourse and use a condom. that's the way you have to look at it.
    never been in that position, so honestly cannot say
    if you continually have intercourse with infected partners you will get this disease
    if unprotected, of course
    if you're living in african conditions.
    make sure you get the racism in there, as you definitely cant get aids in ireland from unprotected sex

"Another soul saved"

My work here is done.

ok you are missing the point completely!

this is not abouthaving protected sex with an infected person. this is all to do with the fact that the one of the main reasons that there are so many infected people in Africa is due to the disapproval of contraceptives by the church.

Google is your friend here Kevin, go look it up.

if contraceptives and truthful information on the subject were openly available in Third World countries do you honestly think that the AIDS crisis would be anywhere near as bad as it is today?

EDIT: anyway, as Syx pointed out this has gone way off the topic of the sig. I have made my point on that one. but what i will say is, you should get yourself to a doctor to sort out that severe case of cranial-rectal inversion you seem to be developing.....thats if the church will allow you ;)

according to your logic i can say what i want.
    ive read your initial reply again and posted,
    i'm not going to get into a quoting and rebuttle fight
    sorry it tool me a whil
    itll still be here in the morning, plese reply

well this is just a small point of the top of my head but latex condoms can block the hiv virus but others cant. I was aware we drifted off topic i was waiting for this thread to be shifted else where.

ok. i've not replied to peachys point, i can't find it so i'm going to say this. peachy falsy claimed wearing a condom will prevent the possiblity of getting infected. i'd imagine this was a slip up of language. only way to prevent the possiblity of not getting infected is to not have intercourse, not have blood transfusions and not using IV drugs.

However, it appears I've been misunderstood.

If you're having sex with a partner of unkown sexual history always wear a condom. However wearing a condom does not GUARANTEE you won't get a disease but it is resonably reliable.

If the majority of potential sexual partners in your neighbourhood were HIV + surely you see abstience is the only logical reaction?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Seeing as Kevin has gone off-line, Shall I take his place. Folk around here have a tendency to slag me. So, what you say?

Na, I couldn't be arsed. Maybe some other time... :) sorry to wreck your buzz guys.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement