Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pope

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

sorry it tool me a whil

nice touch . lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

hey kev ur back.. *Hi-5*

hey shrimp. good to see u back.
    make sure you get the racism in there, as you definitely cant get aids in ireland from unprotected sex

My comment may have been loose. What I meant by African conditions was

Low availability of condoms.
    Low education concerning sexual health.
    The high density of HIV + ppl.
    Probably someother stuff I can't think of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

well this is just a small point of the top of my head but latex condoms can block the hiv virus but others cant. I was aware we drifted off topic i was waiting for this thread to be shifted else where.

ok. i've not replied to peachys point, i can't find it so i'm going to say this. peachy falsy claimed wearing a condom will prevent the possiblity of getting infected. i'd imagine this was a slip up of language. only way to prevent the possiblity of not getting infected is to not have intercourse, not have blood transfusions and not using IV drugs.

However, it appears I've been misunderstood.

If you're having sex with a partner of unkown sexual history always wear a condom. However wearing a condom does not GUARANTEE you won't get a disease but it is resonably reliable.

If the majority of potential sexual partners in your neighbourhood were HIV + surely you see abstience is the only logical reaction?

AAAGGHHHHHHH....first of all i was speaking to you in the hopes that you were a somewhat educated person, apparently not. i said that condoms protect against the virus....i did not claim that they completely prevent the contraction of the virus. again you are missing the point i was trying to make and again you are being hypocritical. As you say yourself : wearing a condom does not GUARANTEE you won't get a disease but it is resonably reliable.

you are saying that if you dont know a partners sexual history then you should always wear a condom. are you suggesting that every single person in Africa has been tested for the virus?? of course they havent! Therefore, they should have the opportunity to use contraceptives during sex.

you really appear to be focusing your abstinence argument on the fact that "the majority of people in [their] neighbourhoods are HIV+"....do they walk around with a sign on their foreheads saying "infected"??

you are being majorly hypocritical there mate.

hey shrimp. good to see u back.

My comment may have been loose. What I meant by African conditions was

Low availability of condoms.
    Low education concerning sexual health.
    The high density of HIV + ppl.
    Probably someother stuff I can't think of.

and again teh response to that is....

Low availability of condoms: due to the fact that the religious missionaries try to prevent aid workers from distributing them.

Low education concerning sexual health: due to the fact that the religious missionaries (who are the main educators in the african countries) are against the use of contraception.

the high density of infected people is a result of the above factors and if you cant see that or acknowledge that as a valid point then you really are clueless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Kev, how did you get on with that chick you were with?

Did you get your bit of tail in the end?
    Did you use a condom?
    Was abstinence your reason for ditching her?

ok ur points seems to be how to they know the ppl they're sleeping with is HIV+. I may not be intelligent by ur standards but it seems risky to me. How am i hyopcritical? By saying condoms aren't fool proof but they're better than nothing.

Secondly, I never said the Vatican were wrong for not encouraging the use of condoms, i was just saying they weren't spreading misinformation.

Kev, how did you get on with that chick you were with?

Did you get your bit of tail in the end?
    Did you use a condom?
    Was abstinence your reason for ditching her?

wooh. was that random?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

But they did spread misinformation

You ignorant moron.

didn't

• Advertisement

ok ur points seems to be how to they know the ppl they're sleeping with is HIV+. I may not be intelligent by ur standards but it seems risky to me. How am i hyopcritical? By saying condoms aren't fool proof but they're better than nothing.

Secondly, I never said the Vatican were wrong for not encouraging the use of condoms, i was just saying they weren't spreading misinformation.

you seem to think that they're better than nothing once its not in africa. or are you trying to back-pedal now?

of course its risky. in this day and age sleeping with anyone without a condom is risky, the difference is the majority of people in Africa arent given the opportunity to use a condom.

and again it comes back to the same thing kevin, you need to read those links that the nice people here have provided you in order for you to make an informed decision on the matter.

then you will see the examples of misinformation that we have been talking about.

Guys give the man a break. I know how it feels to be the centre of rediculing on here.. Like just relax.. if not relax, just take some of your abuse out on me. I recommend sending me like a few PM's just like with loads of curse words.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

SyxPak wrote:
    And Donkey: funny - yes, offensive - not to people with a sense of humour and a realistic perspective on life.
    So just because someone has, in your oppinion, an unrealistic perspective on life, they deserve to have a mockery made of their deepest beliefs?
    I don't agree with a lot of what the catholic church has done and teaches, but there are a lot of genuinely decent people following the church, and I don't think it's worth fúcking them off just so I can have a quick giggle... but that's just me.

uh oh. I think i have to concede defeat if shrimp is backing me up (no offence but thanks dude).

I resent the claim the vatican and therefore the Holy Father is intentially spreading misinformation about contraception in Africa.

Abstinence is the best defense. Game over guys.

Shrimp wrote:
    Guys give the man a break. I know how it feels to be the centre of rediculing on here.. Like just relax.. if not relax, just take some of your abuse out on me. I recommend sending me like a few PM's just like with loads of curse words.. :D

ah its mister "i'm just been sound"

don't get involved in things you don't understand hun.

now run along, its way past your bed time.

Shrimp wrote:
    As a matter of fact, by the points you are convaying, it seems that you dont understand the arguement, as your points are empty and have no solid ground.

would you care to elaborate on that? explain to me where exactly my arguments are empty and have no solid ground.

i would be only delighted to read whatever insights you have on the matter Shrimp.

peachy ur going way off topic and stop being so condescending shrimp has as much right as anyone else to speak his opinion here.

To quote myself again..
    Shrimp wrote:
    thats all in another days work.

You'll realise the error or your ways one day...

Goodbye old man... and have a good life, whatever's left of it.

peachy ur going way off topic and stop being so condescending shrimp has as much right as anyone else to speak his opinion here.

i would advise that you re-read the thread to see who has been going off topic. the discussion progressed onto a different discussion and one of the reasons for that was your inability to look at the evidence provided for you which would allow to make a more informed point.

as for being condescending....anyone who joins a discussion saying things like "give me some of his abuse" is hardly worth taking seriously. that coupled with his statement that my points have been empty, without any evidence or argument to back this up.

i did not lead i followed.

• Advertisement

Shrimp wrote:
    You'll realise the error or your ways one day...

Goodbye old man... and have a good life, whatever's left of it.

lol what a wonderfully vague response!

in other words, you have absolutely no idea of the discussion at hand and merely decided to increase your post count yet again.

:rolleyes:

i did not lead i followed.
    Said the elephant as he trodded around with his trunk on the tail of the elephant infront, and his tail been held in the trunk of the elephant behind. In this continous circle of elephants, who I ask... who is leading the way? And not only that, but who is Following?

My thesis on human nature, and how we are all supposedly sheep, and how we copy one another. In essence we are all pioneers, and we are all copiers at the same time. Ah, but you concur, read on and you will see that only I may concurr.

Thats the opening paragraph from the book..

Thank you for reading, goodnight and godbless.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

i think the signature is fine....but then again i'm not a believer.

and as for AIDS in africa......../snip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I hate Kevin_rc_ie

more pope gifs please

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

All I can say is, Gwan Asok, made me laugh a number of times in the thread. Also the original poster needs to grow a pair of balls tbh.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

cool do we get to slag jews next week?
    That depends, are you jewish?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

There was a case of a baby being raped in (I think) South Africa because the guy that did it had been told by his peers that having sex with a virgin cured Aids. That was about 2 1/2 years ago.

To all you sinners out there in Ireland, I beg you to only have sex if you wish to have a child, you are damaging our planet if you have sex for any other reason. I for one respect the Catholic doctrine and I am happy living my life in fear.

Thank you Pope, you helped pull down a wall and you kept us in fear.

I love you teh popeh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaail Satan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Phil_321

Gordon wrote:
    There was a case of a baby being raped in (I think) South Africa because the guy that did it had been told by his peers that having sex with a virgin cured Aids. That was about 2 1/2 years ago.

What, you mean it doesn't cure AIDS? Last time I take advice from my peers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement