Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pope

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

How about now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

i wanted ppl to stop posting stupid irrelvant comments (kinda like this one, but i'm giving myself short term immunity) not necessarily for the admin to lock the thread.

and you have the nerve to PM me calling ME a hypocrite!

get a grip man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

DapperGent wrote:
    But what if their beliefs are really really stupid?

What gives you the right to call someone else's beliefs stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

4Xcut wrote:
    Being more intelligent than them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

Wheather he is more intelligent than them or not is irrelevent. Beliefs aren't based on provable facts or accumilation of knowledge, that's why their called beliefs not facts.
    You might aswell say an opinion can be wrong(granted it can be unfounded, misinformed or poorly backed up but only a fact can be wrong)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

4Xcut wrote:

Democracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

4Xcut wrote:
    Beliefs aren't based on provable facts or accumilation of knowledge, that's why their called beliefs not facts.
    It is also why they're stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

4Xcut wrote:
    Wheather he is more intelligent than them or not is irrelevent. Beliefs aren't based on provable facts or accumilation of knowledge, that's why their called beliefs not facts.
    You might aswell say an opinion can be wrong(granted it can be unfounded, misinformed or poorly backed up but only a fact can be wrong)

the discussion last night wasnt about whether his faith in God was "stupid" or "wrong".

we were talking about the issue of the Catholic church's stance on contraceptives and the misinformation being propagated by them, and also Kevin's refusal to even read the examples provided in order to have a somewhat informed debate.

fair enough if Kevin or anyone else agrees with the church's view on the matter. however, i personally will not accept PM's calling me a hypocrite. :rolleyes:

this is getting so old and the thread probably should be locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

He really loves that pm feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I've been harrassed by kevin_rc_ie through the Boards.ie Private Messaging facilities, where he made offensives comments regarding my username.

Also Ciaran, :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Asok wrote:
    He really loves that pm feature.

I guess whatever he wants to say he doesn't want all of boards to be able to read it,
    After all he might offend some people ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

I do really like the pm function.

For the record I sent a pm to peachy to see what her stance was on certain issuese to investigate if she was a hypocrite. I didn't call her a hypocrite. She isn't, based on my test a hypocrite. Anyone else have any complaints?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

WhiteWine wrote:
    the pope is dying, and you boards ppl tolerate sigs like this http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=239372

I am too disgusted to figure out how to post a link but its the_edges

as a man dies you tolerate photoshopage pics of him fondling a naked womans chest, to laugh at and degrade a dying man and his beliefs,

disgusting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes I agree. No need for it. At the end of the day, the man is slowly dying as we speak. Can't say I feel too insulted but I'm sure there are a number of users of boards.ie who would be highly insulted by this crap.

On the other hand it can't be easy to control what people put in there sigs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Phil_321

4Xcut wrote:

I'm of the opinion that you are stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

You're all a pack of bitches. My fúck. Women

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

For the record I sent a pm to peachy to see what her stance was on certain issuese to investigate if she was a hypocrite. I didn't call her a hypocrite. She isn't, based on my test a hypocrite. Anyone else have any complaints?

Well, I might as well point out you PM'd me too to call me a "tool" but I forgive you.....as a good Christen should.

Now, lock this silly thread tbh.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

joe. wrote:
    On the other hand it can't be easy to control what people put in there sigs.

Yes I mean some people even hotlink to images from sites they don't own, this wastes somebodys bandwitd...some people's sigs are just terriable :rolleyes:

It is akin to rape in in the opinion of some people.

Peachy Pants handed your ass to you on a silver platter last night.

You got own3d.

SyxPak wrote:
    It is akin to rape in in the opinion of some people.

OMG!
    He's raping the interweb!!

Its sick I tell you, sick!

• Advertisement

Lol! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Cabaal wrote:
    OMG!
    He's raping the interweb!!

Its sick I tell you, sick!

Sounds like a solid idea for an Anime flick.

That's only if you adhere to Testament V1.0
    The V1.1 release contains alot of bugfixes.

"Never trust a point-0 release"

stop laughing you evil man, you won't be laughing when the LORD rains his spite upon thee !

PP.gif

SyxPak wrote:
    You got own3d.

t3kkitn00b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Shut up.

Join my church, recieve free plush toy with every soul saved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Dizie

May U find out one day what's love!

Dizie wrote:
    May U find out one day what's love!
    Oh whats love got to do with it
    Whats love but a second hand emotion
    Whats love got to do with it
    Who needs a heart
    When a heart can be broken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Does it really matter whether you're a catholic or not or what you think of him. The fact is he's dying, and a little bit of curtesy is all thats being asked for

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement