Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography

Options
  • 02-04-2005 2:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭

Is this the final year for the current geography syllabus? and if so what changes are likely to be made.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

the new course has started to be taught in 5th year i think,

the reason i say this is the 5th year geography books mistakely got on the 6th year list and we all bought them. the teacher bought them off us to sell to the 5th years, i think i remember him saying that the books covered the new course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭lestats_bride

I know theres lots of projects!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

So is the course going to be the same length or possibly shorter?(please)
    The projects are they going to be like the fieldstudies?. might be repeating next year so I want to know whats happenning to geography

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i think you submit your projects before you sit your exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Yeah Projects go in before the exam. The course has changed and its now each question is more linked in with one another. e.g. The is no map reading question anymore instead when you are doing something else such as glacial movement they would ask you to give the co ordinates to to a Dolmen.

I'm not sure but I think it may have gotten a bit easier. There are short questions in the exam, which, correct me if I'm wrong but there arent any in the current syllabus.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

No short questions in the soon to be expired sylabus.

Do you have to learn the projects off, would you be asked questions on them. What aspects do the prijects cover?. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

for revised geog syllabus see
    http://www.examinations.ie/
    i know theres a whole section about it coz i was readin it a while ago

hope this helps!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

I'm studying the new syllabus. It's better because they're going to ask more generalised questions now (ie. describe a feature of erosion instead of describe a waterfall or something). We're doing a field study on rivers or something which goes in before the exam.

Either way, it's still points in the bag since it's all memorising and churning it out on the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭<Jonny>

I'm always too late to benefit from positive changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

We got the first of the new Maths course too, since there was no past papers to go on it was the exact same as the example paper. 'Twas brilliant

• Advertisement
Advertisement