Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dresden Dolls

Options
  • 02-04-2005 5:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭

Anyone else listen to them? I downloaded a few tracks and they're pretty amazing. "Girl Anachronism" is the best song I've heard in months.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

heard a few tracks last week. only checked them out because they're supporting NIN

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Well, for anyone who's the slightest bit curious:

Imagine Karen O from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs crossed with a more verbose, schizophrenic Jagged Little Pill-era Alanis Morissette, and slap her across the face a few times to piss her off, spike her drinks with speed and LSD, and sit her down at a piano with a jazz drummer accompanying her. Weird and brilliant stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I've only ever heard "Coin Operated Boy" which is pretty cool. Would like to hear more of their stuff though.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Faddymackshyte

I think Girl Anachranism is an absolutly kick ass song....really orih=ginal and at times a bit demented........hell yeah!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Metacortex

They're brilliant. I got their album about a year ago, its very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Another thing I really like about them is the fact that Amanda Palmer keeps a detailed blog on the site..it's refreshing to see a band that isn't stuck up their own arse. But I guess as they get more successful there'll be less and less time for blogging..ah well.

Amz, go to their website at www.dresdendolls.com and download Girl Anachronism, you won't be disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Metacortex

Pet wrote:

Amz, go to their website at www.dresdendolls.com and download Girl Anachronism, you won't be disappointed.

Thats just a demo, the album version is 10 times better.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

girl anachronism is good but the version i heard was rough round the edges. "The time has come" is good as well, and it's nice to hear something a bit different.

I got the album today and I can confirm, it is every bit as varied and brilliant as Girl Anachronism. Get it, get it now!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 darque

I've only heard Girl Anachronism, and I like what I hear, class song....messed up vid too....me likes :D

Advertisement