Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Baros to Valencia

• 02-04-2005 9:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=266856&CPID=8&CLID=&lid=3&title=Valencia+confirm+Baros+interest&channel=Premiership

"Valencia have confirmed their interest in Liverpool striker Milan Baros.
    Reports earlier this week claimed that the Spanish outfit were pondering making a move for the Czech Republic ace.
    Valencia have held a long-term interest in Baros and tried to sign him last summer only for the player to remain at Anfield.
    The Che are planning a major overhaul at La Mestalla after a disappointing campaign this term and Baros is believed to be among their top targets.
    Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is believed to be ready to listen to offers for Baros and this has alerted Valencia as well as a number of other clubs.
    Valencia director Eduardo Macia admitted the club were keen on signing Baros.
    "We are looking at possible signings and we are interested in Baros," said Macia.
    Valencia caretaker boss Antonio Lopez also believes Baros would be a valuable addition to the squad.
    "Baros can bring force to our attack," said Lopez.
    Meanwhile, Benitez has hit out at the tactics of Bolton ahead of the clash between the two sides on Saturday.
    Liverpool will be seeking revenge at Anfield after losing the first meeting at The Reebok Stadium and Benitez admitted the style of Bolton's play came as a shock to him.
    "I have learned a lot since I arrived here," said Benitez
    "Certainly when we played at Bolton earlier in the season I learned about the different rules that you have here for some games compared to what Fifa say for everyone else.
    "I learned at Bolton that it is not important if you take throw-ins with one foot in the air or not having both feet behind the line, it is more important to send the ball as far as you can.
    "The other thing I learned is that if a centre-forward puts his arms back and holds a defender with both hands you must never hit the elbow of the forward with your nose because it is a free kick against you."
    Benitez is confident his side can close the gap on Everton in the race for the UEFA Champions League by taking the spoils against Bolton.
    "Bolton play almost the same system as Everton, it is a similar style of football so we will try to produce the performance we showed against Everton in this one too," added Benitez.
    "I was confident we would close the gap when it was eight, nine or even 12 points. I am certainly sure we can close it now the gap is only four."

I definately think this could be a possibility, I really dont think that Benetiz is a big fan. Im not sure I am either, he has so much talent, but at 23 you think he would have developed it by now. He is still so raw. Having said that, Im sure he could go on to be one of the worlds best, so Im in two minds over selling him or not.

But with Valencia interested, Im sure there are plenty of players there that Benetiz has an eye on. Could turn into an interesting swap deal perhaps?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

exactly, hopefully for aimar or vincente who both want to join liverpool.Anyways we dont need baros as cisse will be back very soon and him and nando up front are a much better partnership

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Baros is a poor excuse for a football player. No Liverpool fan would mourn this particular passing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Seems to do a good job for Czech Rep , maybe hes surrounded by better players at international level thus actually scores.

Altho i do enjoy watching him fall over in the PL weird hows he superb for Czech but looks like 15 year old with liverpool.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

...who still hasn't been taught some football basic e.g. when you have the ball, try looking up to see what you can do with it next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

When he plays with decent players he is absolutly unreal.
    That said, Liverpool don't have that quality in every department yet, so you might as well get rid of him and try build it up.
    Maybe get a buy back clause

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

dont like his attitude aswell, neither does rafa by all accounts. Hes a bit spoilt. wont be to gutted to see him go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

PHB wrote:
    When he plays with decent players he is absolutly unreal.
    That said, Liverpool don't have that quality in every department yet, so you might as well get rid of him and try build it up.
    Maybe get a buy back clause
    I reckon Liverpool could take on the Czech Republic - they can have Baros both halves....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

He really does love his football boots. Never seems to stop looking at them :)

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

KdjaC wrote:
    Seems to do a good job for Czech Rep , maybe hes surrounded by better players at international level thus actually scores.
    Altho i do enjoy watching him fall over in the PL weird hows he superb for Czech but looks like 15 year old with liverpool.
    kdjac

The thing is though, he does get chances with Liverpool but cant score. I mean a one on one with the keeper should be scored. Once your in that position it's irrelevant who your playing with because you're already in the position.

TBH i'm not 100% convinced after Euro 2004. A couple of his goals were exactly like the ones he doesnt finish for Liverpool. The one against Germany (I think) where he "dribbled" around a few players, he was in headless chicken mode and seemed to just find his was through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

It may be the Joe Cole effect, i mean 4 years of people doubting if Cole is a waster then Jose has him playing like a god not giving ball away, tackling working for the team. Sven had him for a few years and never once got a performance out of him, yet Jose has him on fire.

GH maybe wasnt coaching Baros properly and Rafa just doesnt seem to like him but plays him cos he has to. The guy is talented just doesnt focused with Pool yet with Czech he is.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Ive no doubt that Baros is extrememly talented, but he has so much more to develop in his game. I probably would be a little sad to see him go, just because I still think he could do a job if coached right.

I have no doubt if he were to go to Valencia, at the end of next season we would look back and go "Why the hell couldnt he do that at Liverpool?".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

KdjaC wrote:

GH maybe wasnt coaching Baros properly

kdjac

I never though of that, It a wonder GH didn't play him in defence. Baros is rubbish , he couldn't score in the preverbial , IMO he is not and never will be good enough to be a top premiership striker. As we saw recently twice through one on one with the keeper and he couldn't finish either. MUCK

too right, give a chance to le tallac now as baros wastes too many chances.
    anyways we have ciise back in the summer, will be like signing a new player!!!!

The Muppet wrote:
    I never though of that, It a wonder GH didn't play him in defence. Baros is rubbish , he couldn't score in the preverbial , IMO he is not and never will be good enough to be a top premiership striker. As we saw recently twice through one on one with the keeper and he couldn't finish either. MUCK
    I think thats a bit harsh. While I fully admit he has a lot of development to do if he wants to get there, 13 goals in 28 starts is hardly muck.

He has so much talent, which is the frustrating thing. If you watch him play so many times he gets you on the edge of your seat, unfortunately too often you are left let down. Hes still only 23 though, plenty of time for improvement.

he may have talent but he needs to be more consistent.Anyways do you honestly see him starting when ciise is back.Ciise and nando will be the strikeforce.

galwaydude wrote:
    he may have talent but he needs to be more consistent.Anyways do you honestly see him starting when ciise is back.Ciise and nando will be the strikeforce.
    While I accept Cisses time in the team was brief, what I saw did not fully convince me. Im not judging him, but he has to improve from what he showed early this season, 3 goals in 13 starts isnt great.

Liverpool should keep Baros and try and develop him, its not like Liverpool are in a position to be selling any strikers at the moment.

very true but remember this was cisse's first season and he got injured so soon after so it might be a while till we the real ciise.Im not saying baros is a bad player, just inconsistent.Look at robert pires when he first joined arsenal took him a season to adjust same as most foreigners.I wonder would liverpool fans welcome back owen as looks as if he will leaving madrid in the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

Ive no doubt that Baros is extrememly talented, but he has so much more to develop in his game. I probably would be a little sad to see him go, just because I still think he could do a job if coached right.

I have no doubt if he were to go to Valencia, at the end of next season we would look back and go "Why the hell couldnt he do that at Liverpool?".
    a la diego forlan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

opr wrote:
    He really does love his football boots. Never seems to stop looking at them :)

Opr
    Didn't he change a pair of white boots to his golden ones about a month back 10mins into the game....says it all really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Personally, I think Baros is a very good player, but perhaps LFC doesnt suit him and vice versa. He'll score buckets wherever he goes IMO.

According to Ceefax yesterday one of the rumours going around is a Baros - Baraja exchange deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

galwaydude wrote:
    exactly, hopefully for aimar or vincente who both want to join liverpool.Anyways we dont need baros as cisse will be back very soon and him and nando up front are a much better partnership

got quotes where aimar and vincente say they want to play for pool?

i'll be polite and inquire how you know cisse and nando are a good partnership
    do i really even need to point out that they've never played together (that i know of anyway)
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭The Rooster

I know I read quotes from Aimar that he'd love to join up with Benitez again at Liverpool (this was when Rainieri was still manager and Aimar was a regular bench-warmer, so it would hardly be a surprise that he'd swap that for Liverpool and Rafa). Personally, I didnt see anything from Vicente though.

Advertisement