Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom speed upgrade

• 02-04-2005 11:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭

anybody being upgraded yet?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gaui3d0pnbz86o

suppossed to be between 10pm and 8am tomorrow for me! cant wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Anarchist

Ya me tonite is after 10 too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭dglancy

I 'm with eircom on the home plus plan, but haven't received any letter/email. Does this mean I'm not getting it yet, or they just didn't bother to send a letter out to everybody?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭padraigf

Probably haven't bothered. Im with iol and they didnt send me anything. Don't know anyone who did receive a letter/email

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭PaulMcG

Anarchist wrote:
    Ya me tonite is after 10 too

How you do you know you're getting upgraded tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭diarmo

Yeah they are selectiving targeting "valued customers" with increased speeds.

HaHaHa!!!

Just because you didnt get a letter dosent mean you wont get the upgrade.

AFAIK, EsatBT and Eircom are both upgrading as well as Digiweb and Netsource I think.
    The only ISP that hasnt announced anything yet is UTV....but in all honesty to throttle back the speed for their customers would be incredible counter productive!!!

Chill out people and please will a Moderator close this thread....Please!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

diarmo wrote:
    Yeah they are selectiving targeting "valued customers" with increased speeds.

HaHaHa!!!

Just because you didnt get a letter dosent mean you wont get the upgrade.

AFAIK, EsatBT and Eircom are both upgrading as well as Digiweb and Netsource I think.
    The only ISP that hasnt announced anything yet is UTV....but in all honesty to throttle back the speed for their customers would be incredible counter productive!!!

Chill out people and please will a Moderator close this thread....Please!!!!

Well said! relax everyone - it will happen when it happens between Monday and Friday next...remember to reset the old DSL modem every so often!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

PaulMcG wrote:
    How you do you know you're getting upgraded tonight?

Here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

crawler wrote:
    Well said! relax everyone - it will happen when it happens between Monday and Friday next...remember to reset the old DSL modem every so often!

what do you mean by reseting the modem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

There was another post that gave the dates that those emails are being sent out.

The last day was the 4th I think.

• Advertisement

diarmo wrote:

.........The only ISP that hasnt announced anything yet is UTV....but in all honesty to throttle back the speed for their customers would be incredible counter productive!!!

They have made an announcement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

esat said as of 4th of april, il be on 2mb, i hear the caps are not increasing, suxs/

but anyway since i get around 50kb per sec on 512k, should i be looking around 200kb for 2mb ? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 dublin24

yeah it will mean speeds between 200-250 kbs . not bad.

a 700 mb file will download in under an hour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭diarmo

dub45 wrote:

Thats not an Official Announcement...but simple speculation by a UTV rep.

http://u.tv/utvclicksilver/

Where has it been advertised??

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

Got the letter as well................lol...
    Iam 8 months with BB with eircom @ at an special offer price of 29euro a month.....its supposed to go up to 39euro a month after 12 months,i was going to tell them to disconnect me after the 12 months if they were increasing my rental as other providers are cheaper and have up to 2mb speed, but now with them doubling the speed do you guys think i have an argument?

cramp

diarmo wrote:
    Thats not an Official Announcement...but simple speculation by a UTV rep.

http://u.tv/utvclicksilver/

Where has it been advertised??

No if Carl has stated it you can take it its true.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

dub45 wrote:

Yes Dub, but looking pack, Karl also suggested speeds will be throttled back to 512kb/s :)

Thats not offical really, as only a handfull visit that dead newsgroup. But ya, if Carl said so - most likely will happen!

- Sully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

This has to be one of the nerdiest threads on boards people are actually so obsesseed with there broadband its unbelievable!
    BTW as of tomoro the cap is being enforced by eircom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Oh look it's Superman calling other people nerds. Trying to cause panic are we, saying the caps will be enforced. Do you not have anything else to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭Oddjob

He may have a point about the caps being enforced, I had an engineer out to me last week to check my line and he said that they were going to start enforcing caps, and that they expect some customers with Wireless to get some shocking bills through unsecured networks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,465 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Bet this place goes bonkers around 10pm, prolly best that one post is stickied for the coming onslaught :)

I for one will be checking my speed every few mins come 10PM //yes i am a nerd :P

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Thread closed, superman banned permenantly.

Have a nice day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement