Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW Bluetooth upgrade

Options
  • 02-04-2005 12:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭

A mate of mine just bought a new BMW 320. He went for the Bluetooth upgrade which cost an extra €1000. He has a Nokia 6230 which has bluetooth. He can get the phone to link up with the car, however he cannot see any names or numbers from his phone book on his display. He got back to BMW who told him that the only Nokia phone that works properly with the car is the Nokia 6310. Can anyone tell me if there is any reason why a phone that is over 3 years old, is the only Nokia phone that works properly on the BMW bluetooth system? Surely if your spending money on upgrading an already expensive car, the latest software should be available for that Car :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Jeez, don't people know how to Google any more ?

http://bluetoothcar.typepad.com/main/2005/02/firmware_update.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Ah yes the owl reliable google! ..... thanks alun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

That particular link talks about a firmware upgrade to the phone helping somewhat, but if you google for "bmw bluetooth nokia 6230" you can find a whole bunch of similar links, although some are obviously less up-to-date than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

And the 6310 has borked bluetooth. I know cause I have it myself. Nokia lost a lot of credibility over it. The 6310i is better. Both phones are ancient though. I use my phone as .... a phone, so it's still fine for me ;)

My brother in law ticked the €1300 option on a BMW (E60) bluetooth last year - mad money imho :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

If you want a good Bluetooth enabled phone > get a Sony Ericson T630, P900 or any of the newer SE phones. The are made to be 100% Bluetooth friendly.

+ get a in car BT device from Expansys (they even have an irish site) and pay a professinal to fit it. Guarantee u'll save yourself a good few 100€'s
    :)
    btw all Nokias are rubbish :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

just to let any "bimer" owner know the following in relation to the Bluetooth issue. If you have a Nokia 6230 for example and it does not work correctly with the car try the following.

Check the software on your phone by pressing " *#0000#"
    this will display ther software version your phone is running i.e, "v 04.44"

You need to have version "05.24" installed on your phone to work correctly with the new BMW bluetooth.
    If your phone does not have the correct software, don't panic, all you need to do is contact a company called MPRC (Mobile Phone Repair Company) and they will upgrade your phone to the latest software. URL=http://www.mprc.ie/]Click here[/URL]
    THey have an express counter service. Hope this helps all............

Advertisement