Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you dropped any subjects?

Options
  • 02-04-2005 1:16pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭

I'm just wondering if anyone started doing an LC subject and subsequently dropped it... If so, what subject was it, and why did you drop it?

I dropped Applied Maths at the beginning of 6th year. I really liked it but I was just so awful at the exams, the way they phrased stuff confused me, and I didn't need it for anything - not planning on doing Engineering or Architecture in college. However, I'm glad that I did it for a year

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭lestats_bride

Biology-because i dont need it nor do i like it.It was like my eighth subject and i didn't see the point.

Fishie wrote:
    I'm just wondering if anyone started doing an LC subject and subsequently dropped it... If so, what subject was it, and why did you drop it?

I dropped Applied Maths at the beginning of 6th year. I really liked it but I was just so awful at the exams, the way they phrased stuff confused me, and I didn't need it for anything - not planning on doing Engineering or Architecture in college. However, I'm glad that I did it for a year

Well I kinda dropped AM too. I stopped doing the course in December, but I'm still going to take the test on the LC, coz there's no point in wasting a year and a half of study.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭hada

In my repeat year i dropped hons maths+hons english. Picked up business.

One hell of a sweet swop I might say

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I did my LC last year and dropped Applied Maths after 2 terms in 5th year. Didn't like having classes before school! Then I took up geography outside school but dropped that just before the mocks when I realised I didn't need it. Still did 7 subjects for LC in school and got 590 points so I know I was right. Extra subjects are good for some people though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnnyq

did 7 subjects for LC in school and got 590 points
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    WOW!!! :D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement