Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silly Thread: Favourite Fictional Witches

Options
  • 02-04-2005 2:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭

For me it would be Chelsea in Clan of the Cats and Meg from the Meg and Mog books (I can still remember enjoying Mog on the Moon in playschool, and now enjoy reading Meg and Mog to my kids :))

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭solas

heheh

I suppose it would have to be glenda the good witch, making it snow on the poppies..how inventive.

and for what its worth I like the three lassies in charmed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Oh, and Esme Weatherwax, how could I forget her!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NeilJ

Not really a witch, but anyway, Sorcha from the Tain. The Scottish warrior sorceress who helped trained Cuchulainn as a warrior.

Neil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

NeilJ wrote:
    Not really a witch, but anyway, Sorcha from the Tain. The Scottish warrior sorceress who helped trained Cuchulainn as a warrior.
    I'd differentiate mythology from fiction, but in any case, are you thinking of Scathach?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Rothen

Nathaniel from The Bartimaeus Trilogy
    Rothen from...i cant remember the books name...grrr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NeilJ

Yeah sorry that's the one. If you're talking purely fictional it would probably have to be Raven from Teen Titans. Yes I do watch childrens cartoons. YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT?!?!?! ;)

Neil

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Ruadan

The guy who first trained yer mman in Earthsea, Danny Glover played him (very well) in the TV movies.

And Radaghst the brown (i know, the concept of the Wizards in Tolkiens mythology is somewhat different to the ideals expressed elsewhere , they're more like embodied angels, but still)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Hmmmmm... your wans from charmed :drool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

1060126683_sQuizraven.gif

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

Samantha from bewitched ofcourse :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

BEAT wrote:
    Samantha from bewitched ofcourse :)
    i had a crush on her :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper