Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Alloy Caps

Options
  • 02-04-2005 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where you can get these at a somewhat reasonable price,
    They are the centre caps for the alloys I was bidding on them on ebay but it got too expensive so anyone know of places I could get them in ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

Asok wrote:
    Anyone know where you can get these at a somewhat reasonable price,
    They are the centre caps for the alloys I was bidding on them on ebay but it got too expensive so anyone know of places I could get them in ireland?

Vag dealer?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Get the goldenpages out and try ringing scrap yards. VW stealers will only rip you off and only use them as a last resort.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Hadnt thought of that bazz will give it a shot!

Asok wrote:
    Hadnt thought of that bazz will give it a shot!

ul have no joy there, unless u want to buy a set of wheels, they wont break them up. thats why a VAG dealer or ebay is the only real solution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭Con9903

Or if you don't mind borrowing with no intent to return, then walk in with a tool box and make up something about what you are supposedly looking for, then when they go away just take the caps and throw them in the toolbox

• Advertisement

Con9903 wrote:
    Or if you don't mind borrowing with no intent to return, then walk in with a tool box and make up something about what you are supposedly looking for, then when they go away just take the caps and throw them in the toolbox

that would be called theft, u are ruining their wheels and they will be unsaleable.
    u could be arrested and charged, lose your wife and kids, ur job, sent to mountjoy and be forced to keep ur soap on a rope.

not advisable..........................................

there are many for sale on ebay and the going rate is 50 euro this is the part number 1GD 601149 , i would say if they are 50 euro on ebay they are 75-100 euro from vag.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

lomb wrote:
    ul have no joy there, unless u want to buy a set of wheels, they wont break them up. thats why a VAG dealer or ebay is the only real solution.

Not always, there is a good chance that the reason a VW of this age is in a scrap yard is because it has been involved in a serious collision, possibly the front or rear of the car has been damaged beyond repair In this case more than likely the alloy wheels may be in the same condition and cannot be sold. You never know your luck, I think it is worth making a few calls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭Con9903

lomb wrote:
    that would be called theft, u are ruining their wheels and they will be unsaleable.
    u could be arrested and charged, lose your wife and kids, ur job, sent to mountjoy and be forced to keep ur soap on a rope.

Its a breakers yard, not halfords. There not going to walk by a written off volkswagen some day and say "**** sake, there are some bits missing off that crashed car".

Advertisement