Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mourinho is going to quit?

• 02-04-2005 3:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=267154&cpid=8&CLID=8&lid=&title=Mourinho+in+quit+reports&channel=Premiership
    It is being claimed in Portugal that Jose Mourinho is ready to quit Chelsea at the end of the season.

Portuguese television station SIC - who has a very close relationship with Mourinho and will launch a talk show with him later this year- issued a report on Friday evening stating that the Blues boss was considering his position because of the recent Uefa saga.

Chelsea, though, have already attempted to pour cold water on the claims by insisting it is a 'joke'.

Mourinho was banned from the touchline for two UEFA Champions League games by Europe's governing body, following the now infamous incident at Barcelona which saw Chelsea accuse referee Anders Frisk of meeting home coach Frank Rijkaard at half time.

As well as Mourinho's ban, Chelsea were fined and president Bruce Buck immediately stated that the club would not be taking the matter further and wanted to draw a line under the affair.

It is this reaction that Mourinho is believed to be unhappy about and Portuguese sources are insistent that this is no April Fool's prank - as has been suggested by Chelsea.

Chelsea's communications director Simon Greenberg insist there is not truth in the report.

"These rumours are no more than enormous nonsense," Greenberg told Abola.

"You must remember that it was the 1st day of April.

"I have spoken for some minutes with the chief executive Peter Kenyon and guaranteed me that this is nothing but a lie.

"We are not going to take an official position on this subject, because we do not take official positions on lies."

The Portuguese press are now expecting Mourinho to confirm his intentions, although it remains to be seen whether there will be any further reaction.

Hmm :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

I think the Aprils fool thing has been flogged to death at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

yea its getting a bit silly now, the best one was Benetiz quitting cause Gerrard's joined Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

You know what really bugs me.
    Bcause of all the foreign people in the game now, we get a ****load of reports from other countries, which Sky can just translate however they want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

suprised nobody made the leap from these lies to the "eye witness reports" lies when they said --"We are not going to take an official position on this subject, because we do not take official positions on lies." ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

This story is being covered by many of the Sunday papers - reports are that he's at loggerheads with Peter Kenyon over the handling of the eufa ban.

I wouldn't normally give this any credence, but it started from Mourinho's own column in a Portuguese Newspaper last week - prior to April 1st...

• Advertisement

You're Ambrovimich.
    Who gets fired, Mourinho or Kenyon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

kenyon as mourinho has proved that hes no flash in a pan so to speak.
    He gets the best out of players like duff, terry, lampard and cole.
    Also hes good for the game as sick of the whole arsenal/utd senario" im better than you" attitude, also adds alot of colour to the english game too.
    He had a chance to go to liverpool but he declined but were not complaining as benitez will be a great manager for liverpool.

Also hes good for the game as sick of the whole arsenal/utd senario" im better than you" attitude

Where'd ya get that from :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

all im saying that its nice that football has become more jan just utd and arsenal as it has been for the last few years.Hopefully in the next two years liverpool will join the big three in the battle for the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Andip wrote:
    This story is being covered by many of the Sunday papers - reports are that he's at loggerheads with Peter Kenyon over the handling of the eufa ban.

I wouldn't normally give this any credence, but it started from Mourinho's own column in a Portuguese Newspaper last week - prior to April 1st...

It started off as a spam e-mail, but The Express, Sun and NOTW are so dense they believed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

galwaydude wrote:
    all im saying that its nice that football has become more jan just utd and arsenal as it has been for the last few years.Hopefully in the next two years liverpool will join the big three in the battle for the title.

I agree . It was getting boring whatching United win the league year after year.

I dont think Murinho would risk leaving Chelski, He might find a horses head in his bed if he were to try ;) .

I agree . It was getting boring whatching United win the league year after year.

Screw that ****, besides the fact we didn't, I'd rather be winning easily than losing in an 'exciting race'

Advertisement