Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Nightlife

Options
  • 02-04-2005 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭

Was in Galway City for a weekend going out there about a month ago and it was great craic so were gonna go again for a bank holiday weekend.
    Trouble was we didnt really have a clue about the area especially when it came to pubs, we just went to The Kings Head and settled there for both nights, we then went to Central Park one night and Cuba the next night.

So was just wondering anyone who knows what would be good pubs to visit as we want to see a few pubs over the weekend this time and any other good night clubs to visit?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Sally Longs can be good, it's near Mary Street.
    Roisin Dubh on Dominick St is also good, it has gigs on there on the weekends, some of their gigs are in the Warwick in Salthill, that's also a good place.
    Living room on Bridge st is great craic, live djs most nights and they give passes to GPO also.
    The Cellar is also a lively pub, and it closes at 2 iirc.
    The pub beside Richardsons in Eyre Square is great if you're a poor student, their pints are 3 euros.
    Bar903 is also great before going to Cuba.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Demeant0r wrote:
    The pub beside Richardsons in Eyre Square is great if you're a poor student, their pints are 3 euros.
    i think they (fibber mcgees) only do cheap pints sunday-thursday. the place is a ****ing dive and still wouldn't be worth going to if they did €2 pints

the vic is usually a decent club to go to on a saturday night, especially when the 110th street boys are playingicon14.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Phil_321

The Kings Head is my favourite pub in Galway. The Living Room, the Cellar and McSwiggans are pretty cool too.
    Club wise, Cuba and Cp's are always a good laugh. I was in Halo for the first time last week and had a great night.

Advertisement