Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone want a housemate for the summer?

• 02-04-2005 3:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭

Not bothered about how much the rent is or anything, just want a room in a house with nice people from June to September. Preferrably with other students who are staying up for the summer. So if there's one going give me a shout, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,193 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Another student?

I don't think so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

:rolleyes: Then why bother posting in my thread? Tool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,193 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

ClareBear wrote:
    :rolleyes: Then why bother posting in my thread? Tool!

See. With that abuse nobody will have you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ixus

good man slow coach!

don't know what i'm doing myself, might move oout for the summer, but then there's the home comforts i'd be missing like sky digical and having to cook for myself, shock horror!

have seen a few posters around the college, rent should be cheap enough....

Slow coach wrote:
    See. With that abuse nobody will have you.

Well you deserved it.

• Advertisement

ixus wrote:
    good man slow coach!

don't know what i'm doing myself, might move oout for the summer, but then there's the home comforts i'd be missing like sky digical and having to cook for myself, shock horror!

have seen a few posters around the college, rent should be cheap enough....

Don't mind too much about the rent, just want a house with nice people for the summer. Didn't really like living with professionals last year. The guys were lovely but I'm used to students now, it suits me better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭serabi

dont stay in the **** hole if you can go home to Cork!!! ya spa!!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

serabi wrote:
    6 post and insulting peeps. Your gonna be popular! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gaui3d0pnbz86o

yeah but she didnt mention she is hot or that she walks about the house naked.......

(bet you get loads of offers now claire :p )

serabi wrote:

I've got my reasons for wanting to stay put ;)

Starting to think I'll be going home at this rate though....no house or job....back to the bog for the summer probably.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

ClareBear wrote:
    I've got my reasons for wanting to stay put ;)

Starting to think I'll be going home at this rate though....no house or job....back to the bog for the summer probably.
    Dont give up Clare. Have a look around. Im sure there would be some jobs going in Liffey Valley for the summer. Just have to get in there quick. Send out a load of CV's and you'll be fine!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

hey there, have you found a place to stay yet? if not you really shouldn't worry, there will be loads of places free for the summer, if you're having no luck give me a shout, think i may know one or two places, maynooth's alot different over the summer, quiter but still alot better thank going home, well i think so...

take care,

t

Thanks guys.

The main thing about getting a house for the summer is the people in it. I'd prefer other students who are also staying up....I hate really quiet houses with no one to talk to. So the rent or location aren't the main things for me, just the atmosphere. If any of ye have any friends that have a room going in their house from June to September maybe let me know? And I'll keep an eye out for posters etc in college, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

i may be able to assist...
    hmmmm....
    i know me and my mate are getting an apartment for next year (well, the rest of our lives....aaaargh...), and she;s not too pushed about staying up for the summer coz she's between things...
    i am pushed about getting out of this place into a smaller and nicer one.
    perhaps if me+mate got apartment, and you took over her rent for the summer, we could have the best of both worlds?
    no promises, i'll get onto her and let you know...
    rent would be 400-450 tho.

i may be able to assist...
    hmmmm....
    i know me and my mate are getting an apartment for next year (well, the rest of our lives....aaaargh...), and she;s not too pushed about staying up for the summer coz she's between things...
    i am pushed about getting out of this place into a smaller and nicer one.
    perhaps if me+mate got apartment, and you took over her rent for the summer, we could have the best of both worlds?
    no promises, i'll get onto her and let you know...
    rent would be 400-450 tho.

Hiya doll! Bit steep for me to be honest sweetie but thanks anyway. Where are ye thinking of living? Haven't forgotten that you're coming out for drinks with us by the way, I just didn't go out in Maynooth last week, wasn't in the best of form (man problems :rolleyes: ) so hopefully this week. I'll give you a shout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,309 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

ClareBear wrote:
    Not bothered about how much the rent is or anything, just want a room in a house with nice people from June to September. Preferrably with other students who are staying up for the summer. So if there's one going give me a shout, thanks.
    Check with the landlords. Cos there's no students, most of them offer the houses for half the rent, as they'd be getting no money otherwise. Basiclly; lots of digs for feck all. Get a two bedroom place for the price your paying now. Don't live there myself, but I did some work there, and once summer pops up, its a hazy lazy place to be. Also, remember that in college term, the house's away from college are cheap? Well, try to snag one of them, as it'll be near the town/pub/bus stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

oh yeah,
    i forgot,
    the residence office does a list for summertime renting
    go over there and sus that out too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ixion

I've been thinking moving up to Maynooth for the summer too! Anyone know if the GlenRoyal are hiring summer staff?

ixion wrote:
    I've been thinking moving up to Maynooth for the summer too! Anyone know if the GlenRoyal are hiring summer staff?

Send in your CV sure....they might be a bit busier cause of the golf this summer.

ixion wrote:
    they're always looking for staff...

• Advertisement

Excellent... I might just apply there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭nothing

hey ClareBear, I'm staying this summer, rent is around €250 a month, house is grogeous. PM me if interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭petals

nothing wrote:
    hey ClareBear, I'm staying this summer, rent is around €250 a month, house is grogeous. PM me if interested
    how much is that a week?

about 65 euro

250/4 = 62.50

Arts students :rolleyes:

ixus wrote:
    250/4 = 62.50

lol
    :):):):D:D:D

ixus wrote:
    250/4 = 62.50

science actually

ixion wrote:
    science actually

was meant for petals

ixus wrote:
    250/4 = 62.50

I do maths supposedly......really badly I was just to lazy to work it out

• Advertisement

Where is the house Nothing?

Turns out there's two of us that need a house now though....and I don't want to leave my housemate, we're like twins now!

It's in Carton Court, no 34, there's actually 5 spare bedrooms, if there's 3 or less filled then it's €250 a month, if more are filled it's €900 a month for the house. Which with 6 people would work out at €150 a month each (that's €37.50 a week!). It's completely done up, all wooden floors, double glazing, the works. We also have cable.
    ClareBear wrote:
    Where is the house Nothing?

Turns out there's two of us that need a house now though....and I don't want to leave my housemate, we're like twins now!

nothing wrote:
    It's in Carton Court, no 34, there's actually 5 spare bedrooms, if there's 3 or less filled then it's €250 a month, if more are filled it's €900 a month for the house. Which with 6 people would work out at €150 a month each (that's €37.50 a week!). It's completely done up, all wooden floors, double glazing, the works. We also have cable.

carton court... man that's a mother****er of a walk! but it is damn cheap for what sounds like a really sweet house,

best of luck if i hear of anyone (if clarebear doesn't want it) i'll pass them along

Ah that sounds so perfect....where is Carton Court? We need somewhere near because she'll be working in Kairos up near Moyglare and I'll be in Trinity next year so don't want to be walking miles to the train station every morning.

That house sounds so nice.... :(

well looks who's here!!

carton court is miles away from kairos! it's beside the esso station next to the motorway...

I need a house and that sounds cheap for the summer Hi

• Advertisement

petals wrote:
    I need a house and that sounds cheap for the summer Hi

Go for it Petals, it sounds great if you don't mind that it's a bit out. Unfortunatley it doesn't suit us. And Petals, Spiked on Mikado is looking for someone in their house for the summer.

Is he really cool. Thanks for telling me

Is the house in Carton Court doggie friendly?

The house itself, not doggie friendly, but there's a big shed out the back that never gets used, as long as the land lady doesn't find out, it'd be grand... I think....

nothing are you on mikado?
    btw the way we are sooo taking the house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Shadow Lady

I am living in a nice house in Beaufield, with lovely people and there may become available 2 single rooms in early June. One room would be for the three months and the other for a little less. Rent is €260 per month. Anyone interested, let me know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Wow...vamp? :D

Big vamp...

Though I have a few rooms for the summer, €150 a month, only two of us in the house for the summer atm, same as have posted before.

Advertisement