Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A few points of interest about upgrade!

• 02-04-2005 3:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Hi,

right a couple of things. I live in the tallaght exchange and got a phone call from NTL this morning telling me that i am now able to connect with NTL broadband. I currently have eircom. he was going through all the packages they have and was telling me that the max package is a 750kbs line. I told him about the eircom upgrade tonight and he said he was aware of it but their packages where cheaper! he also said that no decision has been made about upgrading their lines and they dont plan on upgrading for a while yet?
    did anyone else get a call from NTL today?

secondly i read in a thread on this board which has now been closed that because the upload with eircom is staying at 128kbs my bt downloads speed wont increase or my ping on xbox live wont get better is this true.

BTW NTL are calling me back on monday to see if i have made a decision. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭diarmo

NTL max package is 1.5mbit download

Upload speed has only an effect when uploading to other leechers on a Torrent client.
    The actual downloading point is entirely down to your download speed.

I have tested this fact out by using netlimiter to cap my upload for a time at 1KByte/s and was still downloading fine at 53KBytes/s
    The thread was closed because people were talking bu!!

I suggest you stay with eircom if you are in their 12month contract as it will cost a LOT to get out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 dublin24

i dont have a contract with eircom anymore, i have bb for nearly 1.5 years now. but seriously the guy offered me either a 350kbs line and a 750kbs line, costing 25.99 per month and 40.00 a month. ne never mentioned anything higher and when i brought it up he said it was only rumours at the moment about any upgrades!

maybe he was talking crap or was trying to only sell me the products that where cheaper than eircom.

thanks for the info about the downloads though, got worried for a second :)

Hahaha!!

1.5mbit is currently the fastest NTL BB package.
    Please do some research into what NTL offers as reps only read pointers from a sheet at the best of times.

Go with NTL then...but their 1.5mbit for €50 with a very "virtual" CAP is the best option if you are a speed hungry monster!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Dero

dublin24 wrote:
    I live in the tallaght exchange

You wouldn't have had much trouble getting DSL then, eh? ;)

Dero wrote:
    You wouldn't have had much trouble getting DSL then, eh? ;)

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement