Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help!! my kids are scratching my cds

Options
  • 02-04-2005 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭

help!! my kids are scratching my cds I am worn out finding my bf1942 or bf vietnam in the sandpit or under the couch - scratched and unreadable - [off to shop again to rebuy] could someone tell me what software to down load to copy my original game cd for future use with my own unique user number [off course]
    :rolleyes:

many thanks if any 1 can help
    going broke

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

no need to post same message in every forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭goldenbrown

:eek:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

try bittorent?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Keep your cd's out of the reach of your kids. Problem solved.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭themole

you know you can send the broken cd's back to games company to get replacements for around 8 quid. check manual

as said you could download version of game from bittorrent etc, then just use you cd key to install.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

He wants something to COPY his original game.

Get yourself Nero. You can get a trial from here:www.nero.com or buy it in most PC shops. You can then copy to another disk, or directly onto your hard drive to burn if necessary

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

nah nero wont copy most games because of copy protection , try alcohol 120% or blindwrite etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭themole

there a lots of probs with trying to copy games. thats why most people don't bother and just download a burnable version

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Lump wrote:
    Keep your cd's out of the reach of your kids. Problem solved.

John
    It's as simple as that

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Making legitimate copies of CD's in case of damage to the originals is completely legal, though the Software houses do their best to make it very difficult. CD's and DVD's are very fragile media.

To make backups of your games first you'll need to download a scanner like ClonyXXL. This will identify for you the copy protection used on that particular game, by checking your original CD. Usually only CD1, the game CD, is protected. There are 2 types of Copy protection employed on the current crop of games - Safedisc and Securom.

Securom is best tackled with a prog called Blindwrite.

Safedisc is best tackled with a combo of CloneCD to make the image, and Alcohol 120% to burn the CD.

You can also just make images and use a virtual drive, like Daemon Tools or Virtual Clone CD to play directly off your HD.

It is always easier to create HD Images and play with a virtual drive then to make a 1:1 backup that works. Your CD-Burner will be the limiting factor, only a few models (called 3 Sheep burners) can re-burn a disc with the Safedisc protection.

[URL=http://]www.cdfreaks.com/[/URL] The forums on this site will tell you all you need to know.

All the software is available on 30day Trial, and if you are unscrupulous cracks are available.

Inqui

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

also starforce protection seems to be getting more popular and you can forget about making a working image for that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Go away.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement