Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSL down?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭GavinJCD

Well I'm in Blackrock, Co. Dublin and we have full power out here. Sounds like ithe outage is limited to the north side of the city. Don't suppose anyone knows if Eircom are upgrading the upstream speeds as well as the downstream?

Gav
    http://www.jemirojim.org

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,961 ✭✭✭✭Basq

GavinJCD wrote:
    ..Don't suppose anyone knows if Eircom are upgrading the upstream speeds as well as the downstream?

Gav
    http://www.jemirojim.org
    I wish!!

Nope, 'fraid not Gav. Upstream speeds will stay as they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭Spunj

Just back on here, finally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,961 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Any faster, Spunj?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Markjf

Back on just now in Maynooth, going to kill some people in Halo :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Back in Maynooth too. No upgrade though :(
    WAN Port Statistics:
    Link Status: Up
    Upstream Speed: 128 kbps
    Downstream Speed: 512 kbps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭John Player

yay back here too

sure theres no stopping me now hahahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭drive3331

Its back in Kilcock...time for some online gaming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Lucan Ballydowd is back but no speed increase!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

yup celbridge is back

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Anarchist

In Dublin 1 on Eircom. No problems all day.
    Mine was off to I am on the Summerhill exchange, the people at tech support where about as useful as the Pope applying for life insurance, off to see if my upgrade to 2mb has kicked in yet :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,221 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Im in Donegal and just got back online about 11.30 tonight. I think we have been off from sometime in the afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭mang87

Jakkass wrote:
    yeh Lucan/Ballydowd went down for me during CSS lol

Likewise. Been down since about 4. It's literaly only back about 10 minutes now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Anarchist

No upgrade though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭GiMiC

The Dolphin's Barn BAS went down this afternoon at some stage and last I heard it would be fixed late early Sunday morning (the engineers will work through the night on it).

I stand corrected, seems it's back up is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭kmurph

Back up here in Wexford too.

Nighty night everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭job

Back on Leixlip exchange too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

ON South Circular Road, back up but no speed difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭Spunj

Was more of firefighting than upgrading, the upgrades will hopefully come real soon once their poor techies get some rest :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Sutton exchange in D13 has been running all day, bar about 1 drop for a second earlier for me. However, it has been quite slow over the past few days I've noticed. IOL BB+ here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

I'm on IOL BB in Navan and my line went down last night and didn't get it back till 1pm today.

I Contacted IOL ESAt and all they said was that they would get eircom to check my line on tuesday... glad its back up now though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭mang87

IMON 2MB!! MY CONNECTION WENT DOWN FOR LIKE 1 MINUTE, WHEN IT CAMEBACK UP I WAS DOWNLOADING AT 186ksec!!! \o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭JoyPad

I was playing snooker, and got disc'd. Closed it down and checked the modem status. Whaddaya know? 1024/128!
    All in all, it took less than a minute, didn't even lose the snooker game :)

I'm on Eircom's trial, at the edge of Galway City.

Cheers all,
    JP

Back up in Ballyfermot. I was cut off in the middle of trading things. A lot of people started to ring me up and asking if I was scamming them. :rolleyes: Not upgraded either.

JoyPad wrote:
    I was playing snooker, and got disc'd. Closed it down and checked the modem status. Whaddaya know? 1024/128!
    All in all, it took less than a minute, didn't even lose the snooker game :)

I'm on Eircom's trial, at the edge of Galway City.

Cheers all,
    JP

where do you get the modem status? i have to rely on bandwith tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Digiweb still down on Whitehall exchange since Friday afternoon!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Went down at 15:30. Not sure when it came back as I got annoyed re-trying. It's back now anyway and I'm on 1024/128 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Shamo

Yeah was down for most of saterday during the day and went off for a few pints, came back and now on 2meg! Nice one

With netsource btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,221 ✭✭✭✭muffler

10:30 on Sunday morning and having logged on I have noticed a huge increase in speed.
    Anyone know of a good reliable place to carry out a free broadband speed test and what sort of speed i should expect now with the upgrade (was on the 512 with esat which is now supposed to be 1mb)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Was still down today (since yesterday about 1pm) in palmerstown BUT while i was waiting for their tech support i deicided to reboot my Router since i noticed the speed now said 2mb not 512kb and it worked. YAY :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement