Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bandwidth Upgrades

• 02-04-2005 8:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Please keep all talk about the upgrades to this thread.

Thanks.

Comments

Still waiting in harolds Cross, shoul i restart the router?(off and on)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I request a moderator lock this topic..

Use the search function Moriarty, there are seveal topics on this :P

Just kidding man.

Im right on saying that once Eircom upgrade all other ISPS are upgraded at the same time? No delay? Besides UTV and there throttling acts..

- Sully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Sully04 wrote:
    I request a moderator lock this topic..

Use the search function Moriarty, there are seveal topics on this :P

Just kidding man.

Im right on saying that once Eircom upgrade all other ISPS are upgraded at the same time? No delay? Besides UTV and there throttling acts..

- Sully
    did u not read his post idiot!!
    he is simply designating this as the main 1!!
    he is the one who has locked the other threads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,465 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Everyone is going to be upgraded sooner or later. Odds are all within the space of a few minutes. There's no need for more mindless spam due to this upgrade. ...

LOL is all i can say ....Moriarty .yer a super mod !!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

jakass, he was being sarcastic, now back on topic, do we have to reset our routers for the upgrade to take place?

• Advertisement

Plds posty the exchange yer on if you got upgraded already so i can reset the router :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

No - they said the service will not be interrupted afaik.

rofl wot do i have to do with a USB modem

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Jakkass wrote:
    did u not read his post idiot!!
    he is simply designating this as the main 1!!
    he is the one who has locked the other threads

.... I was joking. I knew what he was doing you idiot.

- Sully

dlofnep wrote:
    No - they said the service will not be interrupted afaik.

No no no ...there will be interruption for sure..pls post yer exchange when you get upgraded

• Advertisement

lol anyway whens the 2mbit meant to come :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

The upgrades are supposed to begin at 10 P.M. So you are all a couple of hours early and secondly the speeds are being limited to 512 until the 4th when the full 2Mb will be given to us, so all this is utterly pointless. God I can't wait :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Longfield wrote:
    No no no ...there will be interruption for sure..pls post yer exchange when you get upgraded

Source: Eircom.ie
    Your service will be automatically enhanced on the 2nd April between the hours of 10pm and 8am. Some eircom broadband users might experience a five-minute slow down in service while the enhancement is being performed. You will have continuous service during this 5 minute period.

So no, you should not have to reset your router.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

The upgrades are supposed to begin at 10 P.M. So you are all a couple of hours early and secondly the speeds are being limited to 512 until the 4th when the full 2Mb will be given to us, so all this is utterly pointless. God I can't wait :D

Sorry all. I dont frequent the broadband threads too often, but I am slightly confused about the upgrade. I thought I saw that it was being doubled? Will it not just change to 1Mb??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭PaulMcG

Just back from being out for a while a my service was interrupted (msn signed out and other stuff) but no changes in the speed yet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

wolfman wrote:
    Sorry all. I dont frequent the broadband threads too often, but I am slightly confused about the upgrade. I thought I saw that it was being doubled? Will it not just change to 1Mb??

It depends... if your on the normal 48:1 you'll get 1Mb, if your on the 24:1 package with the higher cap then you'll get 2Mb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Wolfman - people on the more expensive low contention (24:1) packages are getting bumped up to 2mb. Cheapskates on 48:1 like me will be limited to 1mb :)

(Of course... I'm on UTV, so i may well be stuck on 512k)

All I know is I am on the Eircom PLUS??? Don't know the contention rates, but I understood that I am on 512 and going up to 1MB?

Is this correct? Or is it this package thats going up to 2mb?
    I am only using the free trial one week yet, so its all new to me

how much and how much hassle will it take to get me upgraded to the Starter Plus? i'm not sure if i need it but if it's not too much more i'll give it a go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

If you're on plus you should be going up to 2mb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭mcummins2

For those on IOL BB thier upgrade does not start until Apr 4th

still waiting here in harolds cross, 10pm my arse!

he he
    jaysus.... give them a chance

BETWEEN 10pm & 8am

Source: Eircom.ie
    Your service will be automatically enhanced on the 2nd April between the hours of 10pm and 8am. Some eircom broadband users might experience a five-minute slow down in service while the enhancement is being performed. You will have continuous service during this 5 minute period

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

robinph wrote:
    Does anyone have any idea why variuos excahnges have been down all afternoon?

Lisa Needs Braces.........

*check topic

my bandwith at the moment is throttled too! i can only get about 88kb/s, shocking, especially when i'm waiting for 1,024kb/s!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

88kb/s wud mean you have the 1mb speeds.

1024kb/s 10mb pipe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Off topic posts moved to other thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kin9pin

bazH wrote:
    88kb/s wud mean you have the 1mb speeds.

1024kb/s 10mb pipe?

kb/s = kilobits
    kB/s = kiloBytes

88kb/s is 11kB/s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭mang87

My dsl went down for 7 hours today... 7 god forsaken hours where I felt like I was coming down off heroin... Jesus I've not realised how much I rely on thenet. If it was taken away from me again like this, I think I would go insane! ;)

But yeah, I thought when it was back up I would have 2mb, but I'm still limited to 512. The exchange has to be upgraded, as im getting the max my connection could really offer(54ksex) constantly from good servers, which is nice, as before I seemed to be limited to bloody 44-45k/sec. But still, I was looking foreward to 2mb after having 0mb for 7 hours. Well sh!tfvck@sscvntboll0cks, tbfh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

I don't understand why they wont let us have the 2Mb before Monday :mad:

Advertisement