Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roaming profile

Options
  • 02-04-2005 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm running a small home LAN with all XP machines... it's peer-to-peer and i wonder if it is possible to let users with roaming profiles... so every profile will be located in one PC... i don't feel the need a Windows server for this... tried tweaking with the console (see attached pic) but didn't work...

one of reason doing this is that anyone can login with any pc but still have their same profile (settings, desktop icons, etc.)... also, only user of the profile can see what's in it (since no advanced file security in place with peer-to-peer LAN) plus it's easy to do backups...

hope u guys understand what i was trying to ask... any ideas? pleaseeee... :D

Advertisement