Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Goriest scene you've ever seen?

• 02-04-2005 11:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭

OK Karl... best i could come up with.

I'm gonna take a fairly unknown route in that the goriest scene i ever witnessed.. and probably the most disturing was in a little film called 'Society' made in the late 80's.

Don't know if many people have seen this film but
    the last 10 minutes where the hero of the film (Bill) is ripped to pieces and eatan alive. It's truly a horrifying sight... and when i saw it as a young child, i was scared sh*tless!

Though i saw it again recently and though the effects looked terrible (what do you expect?).. it's still a pretty unsettling scene.

So... everyone share their own?

EDIT: Here's some screencaptures from it:
    http://www.angelfire.com/film/society/societypic4.jpg
    http://www.angelfire.com/film/society/society03.jpg
    http://www.angelfire.com/film/society/society5.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

The whipping scene from the passion of christ.
    10 minutes of viscious(sp?) whipping and then they turn him over. Nice n gory

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Hmm..

Lots and lots of scenes in Ichi The Killer. Componded by the fact that Ichi gets a hard on after any of the gory bits.

Oh... and the scene from the end of Audition.

Oh.. and there is a scene in The Isle where
    a character ties a load of fish hooks on the end of a fishing line and sticks it down his throat and then tries to pull it back up. And later on the main female character does the same thing... but she's not using her throat... oh no...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

If we're talking gore, it's not how much that counts, but how stylishly it's done. Case in point the decapitation in Switchblade Romance. Nasty! Or 'that' scene in Audition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭RedRules5

Most of the jungle scenes in Cannibal Holocaust but the killing of the tortoise was particularly nasty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Audition.
    If you've seen it you know the scene.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

basquille wrote:
    Don't know if many people have seen this film but the last 10 minutes where the hero of the film (Bill) is ripped to pieces and eatan alive.
    It's truly a horrifying sight... and when i saw it as a young child, i was scared sh*tless!

BASQUIIIILLLLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...spoiler tags please..
    i realise its a reasonably famous scene, but i had not heard the details..!

Goriest scene i've seen [:rolleyes:] is probably braindead..
    its the only one that comes to mind off the top of my head..
    its not disturbing, just extremely gory..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Apologies... added spoiler tags now!

You mean the
    lawnmower scene?
    .. but you still can't beat the scene where
    they all sit down to eat tapioca (or rice pudding.. whatever!) and the pus from the mother's wound squirts into one of the guest's bowls and thinks it's jam! :eek:
    Horrifying!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Irréversible

Some of the scenes from this film spring to mind.
    The scene where the guy gets his head smashed in with the fire extingiser all in one shot. Also the rape scene....again, all one take.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

And also in that scene in Brain Dead
    doesn't the mother's ear fall off into the pudding and she eats it back up?

I seen that Society film years ago. I remember it being really, really terrible. And that scene at the end was a bit of a shock though, as it really didn't seem to fit in with the rest of the film. It was like they had the film almost finished and realised they had money left over... so what do they do? BLOOD ORGY!!!

And also in that scene in Brain Dead
    doesn't the mother's ear fall off into the pudding and she eats it back up?
    Oh yeah.. forgot about that one! God Bless PJ's early films.. Bad Taste, Brain Dead, Meet The Feebles etc... all pure gore-fests!
    I seen that Society film years ago. I remember it being really, really terrible. And that scene at the end was a bit of a shock though, as it really didn't seem to fit in with the rest of the film. It was like they had the film almost finished and realised they had money left over... so what do they do? BLOOD ORGY!!!
    Yeah.. the film itself was an absolute turd!... but it was the
    ripping through flesh and the.. well, guess they're cannibals.. face's being stretched and sucking flesh / fat out of their prey. HORRIBLE!

PS - you get those Family Guy DVD's, monkeyfudge?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

I'm gonna go with the barbed wire room scene from Susperia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Braindead, the end scene. Anyone who has seen it just knows.... :D

Hmmm...Cannibal holocaust? Some of the killings in that, gross, some of them fake, some of then unbelievably realistic...

The part in Zombie holocaust where they gouge out the guys eyes and eat them, then rip all his insides out...pretty sick....

A few scenes in lucio fulcis "The beyond"....

There are probably so many more, just cant think of them right now, its too late at night.. :D

basquille wrote:
    but you still can't beat the scene where
    they all sit down to eat tapioca (or rice pudding.. whatever!) and the pus from the mother's wound squirts into one of the guest's bowls and thinks it's jam! :eek:
    Horrifying!!

agreed, that scene is probably the hardest to watch in the whole film..and one of the most cringeworthy ive seen.. shes such a disgusting creature in the first place.. .

I dont know about gore for cannibal holocaust.. its not exactly a larf to watch but its not really bloody as far as i remember.. .. just unnerving.. (imho)..

theres a scene from maniac aswell, where
    tom savini gets shot in the head with a shotgun, its one of the best head explosions and gory effects i've seen..
    (thats not really a story spoiler just a murder scene spoiler in case your wondering);;...
    in fact there are the last scene in that movie could be a contender too....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

That scene near the end of Audition was the worst ive seen. Ive never seen anything that bad before. Most horror gore isnt really that realistic so its no as bad.

But nothing prepared me for THAT scene. AHHHHHH!!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

basquille wrote:
    Apologies... added spoiler tags now!

You mean the
    lawnmower scene?
    .. but you still can't beat the scene where
    Horrifying!!

I was just thinking of that :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Switchblade Romance - the decapitation scene. Still makes me shudder.

The 'Audition' scene was built up so much that, when I saw it, it wasn't half as bad as I feared it would be. That's your fault Boards people! :D

Must try and get a hold of Audition..!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

hannibal - the brain operation - the goriest ever, and the fact that they guy is alive, that scene is gory

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

The good thing about Audition is
    pretty much nothing happens for the first half of the film, in fact it's pretty dull, then it all gets flipped on it's head. Some twisted shít goes on in that film.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Day of the Dead.
    The end when most of the characters get killed off. The Rhodes character being pulled apart and eaten by zombies at the end. Intestines....everywhere. Using real animal organs and meat really made that scene extra realistic. Apparently when they filmed it everyone on set had their noses plugged as the smell so was bad. That image of one of the zombies sitting down against a wall munching on a line of intestines will never leave me.
    theres a scene from maniac aswell, where
    tom savini gets shot in the head with a shotgun, its one of the best head explosions and gory effects i've seen
    ..(thats not really a story spoiler just a murder scene spoiler in case your wondering);;...

No one does head explosions like Tom Savini ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Braindeads lawnmower scene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I posted about Audition when it was on tv a while back ,fell asleep during start for about 10 minutes then woke up to a series amount of WTFs and is this the same movie ?

Society would be the one for me also , or
    bellybutton scene
    in Cook thief his wife and lover , dunno why not that bad but freaked me out.

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    Society would be the one for me also , or
    bellybutton scene
    in Cook thief his wife and lover , dunno why not that bad but freaked me out.
    Oh yeah.. i forgot about that one!

Here's me thinking no-one had seen 'Society'.. seems like quite a few have seen it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

there's a scene in '28 days later' near the start when there's the possibility of one of the three survivors holed up in a house has been infected. The female character jumps on him and starts hacking him to death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭avatar

chainsaw in scarface was kinda rough.

The tree rape in The Evil Dead was good too.

I can't think of much else....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Buck Owens

Like above and that Chainsaw scene? How about some "You think you saw it but you actually did'nt" scenes like the Kerb scene in American History X?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭samo

thanks people, was just about to go and eat lunch. Think I will prolong the taking of my lunch break now to recover!

Damn me and my curiosity when I saw this thread.

samo wrote:
    thanks people, was just about to go and eat lunch. Think I will prolong the taking of my lunch break now to recover!

Damn me and my curiosity when I saw this thread.
    Lunch? At 7pm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭samo

I'm in work till 11pm and will be running quickly to my car in case there's a crazed bunch of Zombies waiting to munch on my intestines when I leave!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

The chainsaw/bathtub scene in Scarface
    The suspension hooks and boiling water/oil scene in Ichi
    The "Bite The Kerb" scene in American History X stands out due to you being able to hear the sound of his teeth scraping the concrete as he puts his mouth to the kerb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Irréversible , the fire-extinguisher scene. I've seen bloodier but this was very well done and right at the start of the film too. Shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

RedRules5 wrote:
    Most of the jungle scenes in Cannibal Holocaust but the killing of the tortoise was particularly nasty.

disturbing maybe, but not particurly gorey.
    My vote is with Braindead too
    lawnmower scene
    Ichi is a close second

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

BASQUIIIILLLLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...spoiler tags please..
    i realise its a reasonably famous scene, but i had not heard the details..!

Right on, Lawnmower scene, by the end he can't even stand because there's so much slippery blood on the floor :D Rat-monkeys rule!!

disturbing maybe, but not particurly gorey.

It is considerably gory....gorier then some of the movies mentioned in this thread already. What about the amputation scene? The ripping out the feotus part? Cutting the guys dick off, then ripping him to shreds in graphic detail? Cutting the girls head off? The girl impaled on the pole? There were other little nasty scenes in there as well....

Did you guys even see the movie? I cannot imagine someone who did, out of all these scenes, would single out the killing of a tortoise as the most brutal scene :rolleyes:

Did you guys even see the movie? I cannot imagine someone who did, out of all these scenes, would single out the killing of a tortoise as the most brutal scene :rolleyes:

yes i did see the film more a few times and yes maybe i was a little off about the "not perticularly gory" .. i forgot about the penis incident.. or the head incident.. i still think the turtoise is the worst scene.. im not sure why.. im probably just used to seeing humans being destroyed or decaptitated or whatever.. and unless its dones exceptionally well, no matter how dark it is, it still doesnt stand up against the animals actually getting killed.

• Advertisement

and unless its dones exceptionally well, no matter how dark it is, it still doesnt stand up against the animals actually getting killed.

Yes, that is actually very true, its sick that they actually killed a real one just for the purpose of making the movie...

With regards to THE "penis incident", it looks so damn real. Its one of the most cringe inducing scenes I've ever seen. Could barely watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Not so much gorey but I never liked watching this as a child and to be honest I stilllook away when it's on. Could be the realism, I dunno....

The Bit where Murphy gets killed in robocop. Most of you will laugh but it takes a lot to make me look away and something about the helplessness in this scene struck a particularly negative chord with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Makaveli wrote:
    The good thing about Audition is
    pretty much nothing happens for the first half of the film, in fact it's pretty dull, then it all gets flipped on it's head. Some twisted shít goes on in that film.
    that thing in the bag (or was it a box ) freaked me out!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

fade2black wrote:
    Not so much gorey but I never liked watching this as a child and to be honest I stilllook away when it's on. Could be the realism, I dunno....

The Bit where Murphy gets killed in robocop. Most of you will laugh but it takes a lot to make me look away and something about the helplessness in this scene struck a particularly negative chord with me.

That scene is particularly nasty in the uncut version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Well I won't be checking out the uncut version then (that's if I haven't seen it already)

• Advertisement

It is considerably gory....gorier then some of the movies mentioned in this thread already. What about the amputation scene? The ripping out the feotus part? Cutting the guys dick off, then ripping him to shreds in graphic detail? Cutting the girls head off? The girl impaled on the pole? There were other little nasty scenes in there as well....

dont roll your eyes at me nob-end
    I said the tortoise scene cause it looks the most realistic. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭tck

'last house on the left' - messed up film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

Nothing really compares to Ichi The Killer in my book. The violence towards women is pretty terrible in it, and the gore, it's never ending. Also in Dead Or Alive that scene with the hooker, baby pool and poo was a bit too much for me, not gory but made me feel worse all the same.

nadir wrote:
    dont roll your eyes at me nob-end
    I said the tortoise scene cause it looks the most realistic. :rolleyes:
    I never seen 'Cannibal Holocaust' but the animals used in the film are all real.

That's one of the main reasons the film was banned in a couple of countries when it was released.. not for the violence, rape or gore but because they used real animals.

makes sence, It looks too real tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

A few films and scenes spring to mind like the "jesus wept" bit from Hellraiser which i saw when i was quite young... but at the moment my top has to be a bit from the end of Sin City:
    Where Willis Rips off the yellow mans *ahem* frank 'n' beans and then proceeds to beat his yellow head into mush... not nice the way the skin stretches on the gonad pull *shudder*, and of course a lot of Marv's scenes are pretty gross too

fade2black wrote:

how could i forget robocop?? classic, one of the best movies of the 80's and the gore still stands up today (especially in the uncut as retr0gamer said).

Speaking of 80's movies predator has some pretty decent gore as well.. .
    Poor ol billy getting all cut in half like that .. .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,455 ✭✭✭BrianD3

What about the scene in David Cronenberg's Scanners where
    the guy's head explodes and blood, skin and brains go flying

Also, I always liked the gore in the original Dawn of the Dead. The gore is not the most splattery or the most realistic but there is a lot of it throughout the film which runs for approx 2 hrs 20 mins.

Then there's Braindead of course.

One film that I haven't seen but have heard great things about is a japanese film called Shogun's Sadism (aka Oxen Split Torturing) Apparently, it makes Cannibal Holocaust seem like a Disney movie. Has anyone seen it?

BrianD3

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

The Untold Story or Men behind the Sun are pretty gory but the most unsettling film I ever saw was Scrapbook(the full version before Crypt Keeper had to cut it).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

BrianD3 wrote:
    What about the scene in David Cronenberg's Scanners where
    the guy's head explodes and blood, skin and brains go flying
    Forgot about that one... for that they fired a shotgun into a bag of offal for the effect... deeeelicious

• Advertisement
Advertisement