Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Goriest scene you've ever seen?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

One that always gives me the shivers is a scene in Innerspace. I know it's a PG movie and all, but the bit where
    Dennis Quaid lands on Martin Shorts eye stalk and shoots a grappling hook into the back of his eye
    . It's done in a very non-gory way, but it's the point of what's happening that is really freaky!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

jomanji wrote:
    One that always gives me the shivers is a scene in Innerspace. I know it's a PG movie and all, but the bit where
    Dennis Quaid lands on Martin Shorts eye stalk and shoots a grappling hook into the back of his eye
    . It's done in a very non-gory way, but it's the point of what's happening that is really freaky!

yeah, eye + spikey objects = not good.

reminds me of a scene in one of the zombie movies mentioned earlier, where a lady in distress, gets her head pushed towards a broken door, and the door is extremely splintery.. and the eye slowly moves towards the splinter, in extra close up.. untill it scrapes off the splinter a small bit..and then. .
    *squUUuuuesh* splinter goes right in.. .

or at least that my recolection of that scene..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

what about one of peter jacksons earlier films Bad Taste where some dude is running round holdin his brains in for the flick. i know its total b-style but its kinda gorey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Goriest scene, imho for sheer shock value alone (the age of the characters, the surreal meeting, the pure raw violence)

Battle Royal,
    The Jogger & clumsy Boy...
    If you've seen it, you've cringed...twice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

The Ring 1.. when she comes out of the tv. Enough said!!!!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

I have not seen half of these movies but just reading about them is making me wince. Some of that stuff is crazy.
    I did see the remake of Dawn of the Dead recently adn that was gross in part spoiler:
    The pregnant zombie....wow was that messed up! And where the van lurches and the guy cuts the girl in two with the chainsaw...whoops!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Paligulus

I really liked that film society. Its one of the rare occasions when the factors that would make another film dodgy (acting etc...) add to the general vibe of the thing. (ah who am I kidding...I just liked for the orgy/feeding scene!!!!!)

I know we're talking about gore, but the most disturbing scene I can remember is the 'bed' scene at the end of "Last exit to Brooklin". That left me in bad humour for days....

And on a similar note, the end of Requiem for a Dream.

Both these films had me running down to the video store for something like Ernest goes to jail!!!....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

SyxPak wrote:
    The "Bite The Kerb" scene in American History X stands out due to you being able to hear the sound of his teeth scraping the concrete as he puts his mouth to the kerb.

That was disturbing since it is so real looking and possible to happen, you're not going to get some drunk scumbag taking a chainsaw to you, eating your flesh or decapitating you but I could imagine seeing that happen. More disturbing than "gore".

I thought society was a farily well-known film, saw it on TV and wasn't expecting that finale.

Cannibal holocaust uncut is truely sick, the tortoise was killed, it was sick the way it was still moving around. The penis cut-off was done very well, I think every guy would be folding their legs watching it. In the interviews with the director on my dvd he tells of how the pole-girl was on a bicycle saddle and actually quite comfortable!

I have yet to get 120 days of sodom, meant to be some sick faeces eating scenes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

rubadub wrote:
    I have yet to get 120 days of sodom, meant to be some sick faeces eating scenes

saw this a few years ago in the triskel. Interesting movie.

It was the first time bringing a few mates to see a film, in the arthouse setting type thing.. one or two of them were not impressed.
    Its not exactly a hilarious movie. Its pretty messed up. Alot of humiliation and just general filth. The faeces eating wasnt bad imo, there were worse aspects..especially the age of the actors, they all look so young, so when they're getting raped or humiliated it really is extremely uncomfortable..
    as far as i can remember anyway. .it might not be that bad any more.. but you should watch it anyway ..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Metacortex

Maybe its just because i was so young when i saw it, but the club scene in one of the Hellraiser movies. With the hooks.
    For some reason that just stands out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah, Hellraiser 3!

I have Hellraiser 1-6 on DVD, love them all.

That scene as well for me, I thought it was super violent, but on watching it again, it wasn't half as bad as I remembered....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The up-river seens in Apocalypse Now, the sheer passiveness and indifference to death, the slaughter of the cow, etc.

For style and comedy effect, the 88(?) scene in Kill Bill.

The night attack (lol at the land mine) and the final battle in 21 Days Later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Phil_321

Passion of the Christ was the goriest/most violent film I've seen.

Advertisement