Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question on switching bb.....

• 02-04-2005 11:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭

I've already signed up for smart bb, sent in the application and direct debit forms but havent heard anything from them and its been over a month.

I'm now having doubts about them as it looks like it will be the end of the summer by the time they get around to unbundling all areas due to the court cases. Does anyone know if i can just sign up for esat or some other provider or have i already entered into a concract with them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

Until you actually receive your broadband, you have no contract with them, and can cancel without charge at any time before that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

What exchange are you on? I spoke to Smart the other day, my exchange is down for March/ April, they said I should get a call next week to deliver modem, They never mentioned the probs re changing number!! Its just wait & see... Has anyone heard back from the first customers who went live a couple of weeks ago?

Dave just resurected this while looking for something else.. What exchange are you on? I spoke to smart yesterday re Santry, it, along with a few other will be live on monday.. Have you heard anything lately?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

No havent been contacted by them about going live on monday but got that email saying that the whitehall exchange will be live end of may. But at this stage im more interested in ntl 3meg so im still thinking about pulling the plug the smart.

From anyone who has gone live the reports seem good so it may be worth the wait.. i am starting to think that smart respond to the more phone calls they get. I thought i would have heard something back from Garfield ( he is prob busy if there is a few going live to gether) If I don't hear anything by mid week I'll make a few more calls, hopefully we're nearly there...

• Advertisement
Advertisement